01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink-yes once. There were only 6 people in the bar at the time!
02. Swam with wild dolphins-yes when I lived in Hawaii. I had a friend who came to visit and we went to Kauia and took a boat trip along the southern coastline. The boat stopped and we got and snorkeled with some dolphins. They would get just so close as you were just out of arm's reach and then jump up and twirl around laughing and running off. I was having the time of my life when I looked up at my friend. She had never been in the ocean much less snorkeled. She was in awe and trying hard to keep up. I went back and showed her how to snorkel without swallowing all the water. The dolphins were laughing at us the whole time and she actually did touch one. She finally got up the strength to put her face in the water when this one little one came up and swam between her legs and kind of nudged her chin. She swallowed some more water and stuck her head back in! Gee, that was a great time and I am so glad I remembered it.
03. Climbed a mountain-I climbed part of a motion once in the smoke Mountains to see a beautiful waterfall. It was about a 10 mile trek.
04. Taken a Ferreira for a test drive-No, but when I lived in Hawaii I had a friend who would go and rent those fancy cars for the weekend and he did have a Ferreira once and I did drive it.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid-Only the one in Las Vegas.
06. Held a tarantula- LOL When I was a kid I caught one. It slipped out of my hand and I kept trying to capture it again using a coffee can. It kept getting bigger and bigger. My mom came out to the carport where I was wrangling the little fell and 'bout had a stroke. She was screaming and scooping me up crying "oh my poor baby"
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone-Oh yeah!
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it -Absolutely!
09. Hugged a tree-When I was growing up I lived in the country and I had me a thinking tree. I don't know as I hugged it but I was fond of it. It is still there.
10. Bungee jumped-No it looks like it would snap your neck!
11. Visited Paris- If you mean Texas then yeh, I grew up in Paris!
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea- Yes, it is awesome and not something you see very much of for sure. It is kind of scary!
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise- I used to work the night shift so that would be a great big hell yeah!
14. Seen the Northern Lights- No, but it is on my to do list.
15. Gone to a huge sports game-Can you say Dallas Cowboys?
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa -Nope
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables- I had a salsa garden a couple of years ago.
18. Touched an iceberg-No
19. Slept under the stars- My first vacation as a big girl was to a place called Lake o' the Pines. I was with 2 other girlfriends and we slept in fold out lounge chairs and covered up with beach blankets. The stars at night are big and bright....
20. Changed a baby's diaper- Yuck...yes
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon-Yes, I was spending the night in city park once and woke up to a hot air balloon being fired up. it was for a cigarette ad. My then fella and I walked over and started chatting with the owner and he took us up after the shoot. It was pretty cool. And a little scary. I could see for miles and miles.
22. Watched a meteor shower - Yes, once I went to visit some friends in Longview and we took a ride out to the country and lay down on the ground with each of us facing a different direction. It was spectacular. It felt as if they could fall on top of you.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne- Oh yeah, what a hangover.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity- My friend Nancy used to go work the Children's Network Telethon every year. She would get on the phone and call me! I would end up having to give all my money to her just to get off the phone!
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope- I used to have a telescope but it burnt up in the big fire of 1986 when my Grandmother's house burnt down with all my stored stuff in it.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment- I used to have a civics teacher in high school named Mr. Byrd. He was a short tiny little imp of a man and he was always flicking his waddle(under his chin) and darting his tongue in and out of his mouth. I was giving an answer one day to the class and him and I looked over at him flicking and twitching and I couldn't help it. I laughed till I almost peed myself and had to run out of the room.
27. Had a food fight - Junior year in the cafeteria. My weapon of choice,mashed potaotes and green peas. What a combo. Jello,not so much.
28. Bet on a winning horse-Oh yeh, I used to run bets for my Grandaddy when we would go to the races in Hot Springs.
29. Asked out a stranger- Yeh, I had a huge crush on this guy once. He wouldn't give me the time of day so I asked out this resident at the hospital where I worked. I don't know why I asked him out except that he was the closetst guy around and I needed to prove to myself I was hot and wanted. Self esteem issues ya know. I asked him to go see Delbert McClinton with me. He did! We ended up dating for a while and he knew I wanted to go to Perth and he got a fellowship there and asked me to marry him. I said no and I have always wondered what my life would have been like if I had siad yes. I was in love with someone else. I broke a heart and eventually got my heart broken. You know what they say, time heals all wounds. I say Time wounds all heels as well.!
30. Had a snowball fight - When I was a kid but I haven't seen snow in so long beings as I live at the back door of hell!
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can- When I worked in the trauma unit here in Austin,after an exceptionally hard shift Nancy and I used to go sit at the end of the runway at the airport and when the planes would fly over we would scream and scream. It felt really good and was a great stress buster.
32. Held a lamb- D'uh I am Mary after all.
33. Seen an eclipse- The last one I saw was a while back and I looked at it through a piece of cobalt.
34. Ridden a roller coaster - My Grandaddy was a roller coaster fiend. So, yes I have ridden many a roller coaster. The wooden ones are my favorite. I am not a fan of the upside down ones either.
35. Hit a home run- When I played soft ball eons ago.I was the catcher and sometimes shortstop! I had to quit because I was sweating!!
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking- every time I see Better Than Ezra Oh and Collective Soul too !
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day- When I was in junior high a friend of mine and I had this guy convienced I was from Spain.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment- Sometimes especially when I am coming back home from being out of town and I first drive into Austin and see the skyline I feel incredibly happy to be a part of such a cool city. It feels like a bubbly spot in my not heart or belly but like my soul smiling.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer -You said hard drive!:)
40. Visited all 10 provinces or all 50 states -No I have never been to Maine, New Hamshire,or Alaska.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk- Too many times to count.
42. Had amazing friends- Abso fuckin lutely! I still do!
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country- Yes, I danced with a beautiful man in the Dominican Republic. He taught me how to dirty dance. Nobody puts baby in the corner!
44. Watched wild whales- Yes,yes,yes. When I lived in Hawaii I would go to Maui just to see the Humpback whales. They travel between Maui and Lanai with their babies in the spring heading back to the cooler waters up north.
45. Stolen a sign- Yes . There is a town, community really outside of Paris called High... so well you get the picture.
46. Backpacked in Europe- never
47. Taken a road-trip- One of my favorite things to do is just get in the car and go. This always worked th R.B. He always had to have a plan. I hate a fuckin' plan all the time. Get a grip!
48. Gone rock climbing-Have you ever heard of Enchanted Rock? It is this big ol' granite rock that just shoots up out of the ground in the hill country. I have climbed it a time or two. When I was young my cousins lived in Grants, New mexico. My aunt would load us up in the station wagon and take us out to a mesa and say ok go climb.
49. Midnight walk on the beach- Well, yes, I did live in Hawaii. I had some girlfriends who were from Boston. They taught me that when you go out on the town you are getting" pretty". We were all on the beach one night and we wrote out the word pretty in the sand. Everyone was saying where they were on the spelling of the word. Some were on the r some on the t and some were sliding off the y. I was so drunk I told them I was fucking beautiful!
50. Gone sky diving -hell no
51. Visited Ireland - no, but it is on my list
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love- most assuredly so.Dan Jennings wherever you are y0u broke my heart so bad that I mourned the loss of you for years and years. The original Rat Bastard. Generation One.
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them- no, but once when I was in Chinatown and no one understood English I did walk up to some people's table and point at what I wanted them to bring me.
54. Visited Japan-No But I did live in Hawaii, does that count? I did work in a Japanese hospital in Honolulu.
55. Milked a cow- yeh, it is harder than it looks too.
56. Alphabetized your cds- they are now.
57. Pretended to be a superhero- I wished I could be Wonder Woman and use the Lasso of truth.
58. Sung karaoke- Bunches of drunken times
59. Lounged around in bed all day- every chance I get!
60. Posed nude in front of strangers-Not intentionally.
61. Gone scuba diving- yes and it is so awesome.Much more fun than snokeling.
62. Kissed in the rain-oh yeh!
63. Played in the mud - I had a friend Shirley Noles whose dad owned a quarry and we would go there and play in some serious mud. I lost my shoes once in there.
64. Played in the rain- any chance I get.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater- Oh yeah! I would tell you some stories but then that could take a long time. Some other time maybe!
66. Visited the Great Wall of China-no but I am sure it is spectacular.
67. Started a business- no but my dream is to open up my own doggie day care business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken-No never ! Just once is all I need. Just the one time!
69. Toured ancient sites-Yes when I lived in Hawaii I toured many an ancient site. I am Souix also and have been to the ancient lands of the people.
70. Taken a martial arts class- I do Tai chi; a form of martial arts although not a form of self defense.
71. Played D&D for 6 hours straight- I never played it once.
72. Gotten married-no but I am open to discussion.
73. Been in a movie- I was in the crowd in the movie Honeysuckle Rose.
74. Crashed a party-I got so drunk I ended up making out with the girl whose party it was boyfriend. Oops.
75. Gotten divorced-no,see # 72
76. Gone without food for 5 days- honey, no way I have even gone without food for more than 2 days. If so, I was SICK!!!
77. Made cookies from scratch- I make some good snickerdoodle cookies.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest-no, it's a bad topic for me. I don't want to talk about it!
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice-no and I want to very much. I did ride the gandola in Las Vegas. I stayed at the Venetian once and it was so beautiful I cried when we had to leave.
80. Gotten a tattoo-yes I have a pink rose on my left shoulder in memory of my dear friend Nancy
81. Rafted the Snake Dead River-I don't even know where this is
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"- no but I was on Extreme Makeover when my friend Kim and her brother got makeovers. You could see a flash of me in the background being surprised at the transformation of my friend.
83. Got flowers for no reason-yeh...he was probably cheating on me and I just didn't know it!
84. Performed on stage -yes, in the 8th grade our class performed skits based on Laugh-In. I was Edith Ann. Now, we see how old you are. If you remember Edith Anne...well you are my age !
85. Been to Las Vegas- Oh Yeh, baby!! And I am ready to go again!!
86. Recorded music- for your sake ...no
87. Eaten shark- yes and it was good too.
88. Had a one-night stand- I refuse to answer that on account of well I don't want you to think I'm a hoochie mama. I believe the sport is called fly fishing...or sport fucking whichever floats your boat!
89. Gone to Thailand- no but I love Thai food.
90. Bought a house- yeh, I loved mine so much I bought it twice.
91. Been in a combat zone- only the weekend shift at the trauma unit, it can be like the knife and gun club.
92. Buried one of your parents- I was raised by my Grandparents who were like my parents and they are both dead now. So, yes I have.
93. Been on a cruise ship- only to see someone else off.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently-Si,Yo hablo Espanol ,pero mi grammatico is muy mal! Que lastima!
95. Performed in aisles at Rocky Horror- When I first moved to Austin Rocky HorrorPicture Show was on at thr Riverside Therater every Saturday night at midnight. We would go dressed up like our favorite character. I was always Magenta.
96. Raised children- I helped raise a friend of mine's teeneage son. He actually lived with me for a few years until he strated doing cocaine and I had to kick him out.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour- Counting Crows, every time they come to Texas I go where they go. Not only me but a few of my friends too. Love them so much!Am seeing them 2 times this go round and it will start this Friday!
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars-no, I have never been that high before!
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country- no way. Bicycles hurt my butt.
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over- I guess you could say that. I was a travelling nurse for several years and lived all over the U.S. I worked in trauma/ICus. I would be in each place for 13 weeks. It was great. They paid my way there and back and put me up in my own apt.Nice!That is how I got to hawaii!
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge-nope but I have driven it a few times.
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking-each and every day on the way home from work in traffic jams.
103. Had plastic surgery- no but I could use some lipo. Maybe my eyelids too. Nip/Tuck baby! I LOVE that show and it starts this week!!
104. Survived an illness that you shouldn't have survived- no I had Hepatitis in the '70's and thought I was gonna die though.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication- nope.
106. Lost over 100 pounds- in my lifetime yes at one time ,no.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback- Once in high school ,my friend was having a bad trip. I held her all night and told carttons to her so she wouldn't get scary things in her head.
108. Piloted an airplane- uh, no.
109. Petted a stingray-no but I ran from one once. I almost stepped on him. Now I will never pet one because well, crikey, they've killed me mate Steve!
110. Broken someone's heart- oh yes, once and it was just awful ,I tell ya awful. He stood on my front porch begging me to take him back. I felt so bad and knew exactly what he was going through and felt terrible that I was the one causing him such misery. It still hurts to think about it.
111. Helped an animal give birth- I have had lots of cats,dogs, and horses in my life so yes I have been present at quite a few animal births and assisited as much as I could.
112. Won money on a T.V. game show- no I never won any money anywhere except a little in Vegas.
113. Broken a bone-no
114. Gone on an African photo safari-no
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced- LOL no
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol- I grew up in the country in Texas. I have fired a pistol and a shotgun
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild-yes yes yes. I can pick the good kind of mushrooms. You know the kind that grow out of cow shit?
118. Ridden a horse- I was a little cowgirl growing up. My horses' name was Snipper. He was a paint. I loved him so much.
119. Had major surgery-no had my tonsils out as a kid.
120. Had a snake as a pet- OMG no way!
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon- I rode a mule down to the bottom.
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours- yes when I stayed up once for over 56 hrs.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states-no
124. Visited all 7 continents-no
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days-yes down the Rio Grande back in my 20's. A bunch of friends went down the river. It was a five day trip. it was cool. I had a 2 man white water raft but I just stowed my gear in the back and away we went. It was beautiful and lonesome all at the same time. The stars were so big and bright it was like you could just reach up and touch them.
126. Eaten kangaroo meat-no
127. Eaten sushi-love sushi so much!
128. Had your picture in the newspaper- once I think for some school activity as a kid.
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about- yes I once had a heated discussion about abortion once with this guy who was so "pro-life" I am not an advocate of abortion. It is not something I would personally do but until you walk a mile in someone's shoes you can't possibly know what you would do in that situation. I believe in choices for everyone. My choice would be not to abort but then hey, I can say that never having had to make that choice. See, what I mean? Plus, I am fairly certain if men had the babies abortion would be a consitutional amendment.
130. Gone back to school- I went to bartending school. I am way fun at parties!
131. Parasailed-yes off a boat in the Pacific in guess where? Yep, Hawaii. Did I mention I lived there before??
132. Petted a cockroach- NO!!
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes-yeh, I am not too crazy about them but in the south they fry everthing! I have had a deep fried twinkie before though!Not good.
134. Read The Iliad- Yes and I actually liked it. It has a lot of moral fortitude in it. I guess that is what I mean to say. It is a sad tale as well.
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read-Yes Steinbeck and F.Scott Fitzgerald. I liked Steinbeck better than F. Scott.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating-yes, I have fished and caught it and gutted it and then cooked it.
137. Skipped all your school reunions- No I went to my 10th reunion. Got drunk and had a friend's wife corner me in the bathroom to tell me she was sick of hearing about me and I told her I was a lesbian and that her husband had been the turning point for me!Hey, it kept her from beating the shit outta me!
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language- I used to play Spades with this girl Sherry a long time ago but when we played as partners we could give each other signals. Then of course, there are the signals you got from the parents when you were a teenager. I didn't pay any attention to them though , well most of the itme.
139. Been elected to public office- no, I was secretary of the student council in high school.
140. Written your own computer language- I haven't figured out this one yet!
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream- yes, there have been times when I was doing exactly what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it with who I wanted to do it with.
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care- I once worked at a residential hospice house for people with AIDS. I was the intake nurse and there were 5 rooms. When one became open it was my job to interview the people on the list. I may have a list with 13 people on it ,then when I would go back to the list maybe only 7 people were left. It was a hard job and I was there for a little over a year. I gained a lot of weight back then. I think I saw 56 people die that year. It was the hardest job I ever had.I HATE AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!
143. Built your own PC from parts- I think the one I am using now is like that.
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you- I used to throw porttery and I had a booth with a friend in Waxahatchie. They have a big medieval fair every year.I did not like selling my art to people I don't know. It would piss me off sometimes when they would stand there and say that they could get the same thing at K-Mart! Now, I paint and I don't sell or give my paintings away either. I gave one to a friend of mine and she put it in the spare bedroom with all the kid art. Yeh, the kid art.
145. Had a booth at a street fair- well, yeh, along the same lines as the fair I was peddling my pottery.
146: Dyed your hair- My hair will not bleach or take a dye. I once had a rinse on it that made it look purple but a patient freaked out because she was epileptic and sometimes they see an aura before they have a seizure and she thought she was having a one.
147: Been a DJ- I made a tape once for a male stripper who came to my house for a party. Does that count?
148: Shaved your head-Uh nooo!
149: Caused a car accident-well if you call sitting at a red light and not getting out of the way when some old geezer rammed me with his truck from behind. He was drunk and got and told me I was "dawdelling."Hell, I was sitting still behind 2 other cars you idiot!! He killed my Camareo!
150: Saved someone's life-I have actually. I did CPR on a guy who fell out in a department store. Turned out he was having a heart attack. I had just graduated nursing school. It was freaky too. He threw up in my mouth ( back then there were no universal precaustions). You would think it would have made me throw up and I did just not until the EMS guys got there to take over. To this dayI can't eat balogna!!Nowadays I carry a one way valved mask just in case!