Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Call

So, I have long known that for every action there is a reaction. I got a call yesterday from the R.B. He wanted to know what was up with the nasty e-mail I sent last week. He wanted me to know he felt it was childish, hurtful, and uncalled for. I told him it was just something I felt compelled to do. I asked him if he had even realized it had been 1 year. He said he knew it was around 1 year. I said no, it was exactly 1 yr ago to the day that I sent you e-mail. I said I wanted to answer the questions that he kept asking me on the multiple voice mails he had left me. I also said it hurt me that he had called with the very thin excuse of seeing how I was when in actuality he didn't care how I was, he only wanted something from me. He said he only wanted what I had told him I would give him. I told him I have nothing for him now. We couldn't even talk on the phone for 1 minute until we were arguing and saying hurtful things. He told me that the e-mail had come at a very bad time in his life. He said that he was not doing well financially,in fact he was doing terrible and that he was starting his probation from the time he got thrown in jail last year. He said he struggles each and every month with trying to pay the rent and other bills. I asked if he wasn't living with someone and he said yes but that the 2 of them didn't make that much money. He said he told me this because he knew it would make me feel better to know that the better off I am without him the worse off he is doing.He said that it seemed as if I was doing better now than I had the entire time we were together. I told him I was not happy hearing that he was struggling and that I didn't wish for him to be unhappy. I told him that the reason I had sent the e-mail and been so mean spirited was because thinking about what had happened and knowing it had been a year since he killed the old Mary stung me especially after getting all the phone calls asking how I was and if I could give him some medicine for his herpes. He said he never meant to upset me and that he had even thought of not calling but he truly did want to know how I was doing. I told him it was not a good idea for us to be talking as I still had unresolved issues involving him. He said he understood but still wanted to know if he could see the "girls". I told him they were where they had been for the last year and he was always welcome to come over and visit them in the back yard when I was at work. he said he is too broke and can't afford the gas to come this far south. I live about 7 miles from his work place. What the fuck ever dog! He said he would call me in a couple of weeks to see if maybe we could meet up for a coffee and I could bring the dogs. (there are several places here in town where you can take your dogs.) I said maybe so but I asked if he had spoken to his woman about meeting me. He said no and I asked him if he didn't think asking her was appropriate. I know if he had ever asked me if he could see her I would not have been ok with that. the conversation deteriorated into something not like communication. So, what I took away from that conversation was he was stung by my comments and he realizes that the gravy train has left the station and ain't coming back. Was I weak? Maybe, but I stood my ground too. I do not want to make amends with this person. I look at this as what can he do for me? Not what can I do for him. The answer here is nothing. He can bring nothing to the table, in fact he still owes me for bailing his ass out of jail 2 times last year after he told me he didn't love me anymore. I think back on that and to me is seemed so mean on his part. He made me think there was hope for our relationship when in fact there was no hope. he would still be here mooching off me if I hadn't found his secret out. What a tool. Will I succumb to his charms and agree to meet him for coffee and bring the dogs with? LOL, I just wonder who would be stuck with the bill for that coffee??

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

OH honey I dont think you should meet him. you know best of course but I dont see how any good can come of it.

Hugs!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Poody.

I think the letter and his reaction were important steps for you to take in order to fully heal from this "sting"...But I agree with Mel that you probably shouldn't meet with him...Let pitiful dogs lie...('cause they do lie)...

That's what I think...

Take care out there, Poody!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars