Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When the Levee Breaks

I have been trying to post but blogger is not letting me. Yesterday marked 365 days since the Rat Bastard told me he didn't love me anymore. I can't believe it has been a year. So many things have happened since then. Mostly wonderful things but change is hard even if it is for the good. Sometimes, I feel like nothing is the same and I need some stability in my life but then again I can do whatever I want. I can be anything or body I want to because I am FREE!! I was dealt a mortal wound that day and I remember thinking how foolish all this was because of the problems those poor folks in N.O. were going through. I threw myself into the relief effort probably to keep from hearing those words resonate in my brain. I am a totally different person than I was then. I feel different and wonder sometimes what I was thinking of being with a man who had no ambition and was causing such a struggle for me to just be. I am a professional. I don't make the best money in the land but I do ok. I make more than enough to get by. I make a good living by most standards but yet I chose to struggle with trying to support myself and the R.B. The things we do for love huh? Now that I no longer have that albatross around my neck I am no longer struggling. I can't tell you how good it feels to know I owe no one and that I no longer have to live paycheck to paycheck. I am not bragging mind you. I am just showing you how truly blessed I am. I am proud of myself if that is okay.They say pride goeth before a fall but I am still standing people.

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Stand proud Poody!
hugs and kisses

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yeah Poody!!!! you GO GIRL!

I had problems with blogger today too.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars