Monday, September 11, 2006

Perfect Blue Building


How I'm gonna keep myself away from me? Ya'll, I am in a perfect blue building now. I always feel a little down after seeing them.It's like I miss them and want to to go with them. I could so be a groupie for them. Hey, wait I am in a way. At least, when they come to Texas I am. If you have never seen them perform live then you have no idea what I am talking about. But, if you have seen them live and been up close to get the connection with Adam,then you know exactly what I mean! All of his lyrics are all about him but there is something about the way he puts his feelings in words that is so much of how I feel and the emotion he puts into them especially on stage is phenomenal.He did Round Here which is the very first song I ever heard them do.It is on the very first album and is the first song for you CC virgins out there. When he sings live no song is ever the same. He sings the way he feels right then and there. Anyway, I was down front(of course) and when he got to the part about the girl on the car in the parking lot and then went to the part about we stay up very very very very very very late. I was just bawling. He also did Black and Blue which also got me to welling and spilling.He is a poet on the same level as Springsteen. He can grab you and chunk your ass into a place that you know you have been to or are in right now and put those feelings and thoughts into words. Now, I know some of you feel he is too whiny and all but I feel what he feels. Like when he sings about being a big baby in Catapult,so much rejection in every connection I make.In San Antonio he did a cover of the Psychedelic Furs called "The Ghost in You". It was so beautiful. Falling over you is the news of the day... I look forward to a new album and he said they had been in the studio recording and Sat. night was the last gig of this tour so they will go back into the studio to record when they get back home. Every time I go, when leaving the concert I always hear someone say they didn't like the way he did "my favorite song" or why didn't he do Mr. Jones? They are all his songs and he can write them and sing them the way he wants. He can never sing a fucked up version of anything if that is the way he feels. Those people do not get it. When he started singing Murder of One the whole crowd was singing along and counting crows!!I will walk along the hillside in the summer 'neath the sunshine I am feathered by the moonlight falling down on me.Oh and The GooGoo Dolls were good too.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars