Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Am My Own Worst Enemy

I have been thinking about the whole Rat bastard thing. I started it by sending that e-mail. What did I hope to prove or get out of it? I guess I am not over him and he apparently is so over me he doesn't even think about me. I look back on every relationship I have ever and and I am always giving. Giving of myself in some way. It's like I feel I have to bring something to the table rather than just allowing myself to be liked or loved because I am lovable, not because of what I can do for you or give to you. I know I don't want to pursue any relationship with him at all and I wish I had not sent that e-mail but hey I did so now I am suffering the repercussions. I guess I felt like torturing myself a little. I need to be aware of the fact that I keep repeating the same pattern. Always having to do something for someone so they will love me. I have to remember this and the next time see myself being attracted to someone I will have to work hard not to be the go to person. I want someone to love me for who I am not for what I can do for them.Pretty much if I am comfortable in a relationship then it is probably not a good one. I would think a healthy relationship would feel foreign to me. I need to love me before I can expect someone else to love me. I am working on it. I blame my mother and Catholic school for all my craziness.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Poody!

I also commented on your previous post...

I agree that it's important that you understand your own worth before you try to get someone else to...I think you're taking the right steps and that when you eventually find Mr. Right, it won't be so difficult for you to "get him to love you". He just will!

Best of luck, my friend!

Take care out there, Poody!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I love ya Poody!

I have self esteem inssues too, but I think I have gotten better about that.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I think that you are right and also not right. I think both people in a relationship need to WANT to make the other person happy. And I think a lot of men don't do that.I think a lot of men take their wives or girlfriends for granted.

But not all men do. The women who find the ones who don't take them for granted are the really lucky ones. Or maybe they are just good at picking men.

The part where I really agree with you is I don't think you should have to feel like you need to earn someone's love. No one should have to feel that way.

Poodie, you are a good woman and you deserve a good man. Hang in there.

8:31 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Gary I keep asking you to marry and you keep ignoring the question!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars