Monday, September 25, 2006

Beading Gal Rocks


Ohh see how pretty my new blog page is everyone? Well, I didn't do it! Beading Gal did! Thank you so much Miss Linda. You are a rockstar for sure.I had a good weekend.Not much to report. I stayed around the house and did some work. Here in Austin 2 times a year we have big trash day. That is when you can throw out anything that will not fit in your trash can. We have a pay as you throw deal here. They force you to recycle which is good but they do not pass the savings on to us so to speak. Anyway, I digress. I had some debris from the house remodel to get rid of. I love to drive by and see what the neighbors deem as unworthy to keep. Jeff Foxworthy says you might be a redneck if the sofa you have in the den tonight was sitting on the curb this morning! I used to love to go see what the students throw out at the end of the semester. They will toss just about anything. When I first moved to Austin I think half of my househlod furniture came from University toss outs. Hey, I was poor!This morning I could hear the guys who come looking for old appliances picking stuff up. I have a nighbor that I swear is a meth head. She is skinny as a rail and all the time on the move. She reminds me of Tommy Lee. Always licking her lips and this is a dead give away she leaf blows and trims her hedges at 1am. Uh Yeh!Anyway, I saw her out there last night rummaging thru the stuff I threw out. She came up to the door and asked if the fan I threw out worked. Uh no it does not. Oh okay well what is wrong with it? D'uh, do I look like a fan technician. She took it home to tinker with. Okay... Gotta love South Austin.

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Thank You Poody. I am not quite done yet. :)

I loved looking at stuff people would throw out when I lived in St. Louis. I actually still use a iron skillet that I picked up once.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhh it's beeeyootiful here!

I check out stuff like that too,lol
That's how Jiggy got her first bike;p

12:33 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I don't suppose there is any way you could send that meth head to Houston to work in my garden.LOL

Your new theme is lovely.

I hope you have a nice week. Enjoy the great weather.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by my place. Thought I would reciprocate. I must check in occasionally. I like your wit and sarcasm.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

ohhhh! I love the new place!! I am jealous, its awesome! Beading, maybe sometime you canb work on mine??? hint hint?

2:42 AM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Your new look is very nice. Beady did a great job :)

We have BCBS for our insurance. I know how frustrating it can be to talk to a "real" live, breathing person. I swear they do that phone loop thing so you will just give up, and pay the out of pocket expense.

Glad to hear your knees are doing better. The injections do sound painful though.... *Ouch*!
I have noticed lately that I am falling apart too. It's really quite scary! I have aches where in parts I didn't even know I had...lol!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars