Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tis the season...

I have issues with Christmas. It always makes me feel like I am not good enough to have that picture perfect holiday with my loved ones. First off, my family is a bunch of fucked up crackpots. I never get as good of gifts as I give and there is always a let down after no matter what or where you are. It is so commercial and the whole christian thing is over the top too. I mean I hate the carrolls in the store the day after Halloween.Now there is a holiday I can get behind.Halloween! You get to dress up like anyone you want to be and go door to door getting candy. Candy people!Anyway, I have decided to decorate the outside of my house with unchristmas dewcorations. I will start with an upside down tree with baby doll and barbie heads hanging off of it. I am also going to put blue and purple lights around the house. I have a huge painting of the South Park gang I thought I coould have them saying something rude and crude no cussing mind you just a little something different to shake things up. Any suggestions?

--------------------oOo--------------------

10 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

How about a big sign in your yard that says Bah Humbug. LOL

Or maybe find som really bad christmas records and aim your speakers out the windows.

I hope your week is going better than your Christmas promises to be. :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaaa,I love the idea of the Barbie heads,perfection!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

OMG Further proof that you are my long lost twin! I freaking HATE christmas. I do not decorate at all. I dread it every year. Although I must admit I love the christmas movies they show on lifetime. Those should start any day now.

3:08 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Oh Mel I love The Christmas Story the best and they will run it non stop till xmas starting the day after thanksgiving. LOL I like the idea of a bah humbug sign too Gary. I like the Barbie heads too Mrs L. I need more inspiration though like what shall I trim the tree in?? I was thinking barb wire but that will be hard to see at night. Because it is all about the night time. In my neighborhood they go all out. I want my house to be all lit up but when you get up on it BAM! I do have some novelty light with margaritas and some with falmingos too. Of course the doll heads will be lit.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE holidays. I wish they could be small, intimate gatherings where people are with people they WANT to be with, rather than overblown OBLIGATORY events where you're guilted into being warm and fuzzy with people you can't stand just cuz they're family. Ack.

You should do Christmas in New York sometime. It's beautiful. As Scrooge-like as I may be, it's hard not to get caught up seeing the streets covered in snow, the tree in Rockefeller Center, smelling the (stinky) roasted chestnuts burning.

9:10 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

I don't think anyone's Christmas ever lives up to the "picture perfect" holiday card we all wish it would be.

Halloween is great, way cooler decorations! Lewis scares all the kids because he gets so excited and they think he's going to attack them. Yes, he IS going to attack them...with KISSES!!! lol

6:18 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Yeah.
Bah.
I agree. Christmas was much more fun as a child.
As a grown-up it pretty much SUCKS!
Blargh.

5:02 AM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

P.s.
Please post pictures of your upside down, barbie trimmed tree....lmao!
I am still cracking up just picturing it in my twisted mind :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Poody! I guess you dropped your blog feed because it has not shown up as a new post in well, forever. I can not believe it took me so long to notice. I am so sorry.

I think your ideas sound great, very Austin. And like you, halloween is the BEST. psst my decorations are already up. hehe

10:23 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I just noticed, you moved your blog. Why do people keep doing that? I'll make sure I change it in my feed.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars