Monday, September 18, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

It is raining in Austin today. That means all traffic comes to a halt because when we see rain in Austin we have to stop and look at it. It is so foreign to us that we need to see it actually happening. God forbid it ever snow here! I had an uneventlful weekend. I did go to a play at Zachery Scott Theratre yes we have the "atrs" here. I went Friday night with my aunt Nancy. We got out the same time the ACL fest was over so we got to experience the traffic associated with 65,000 people.I had big plans to get a lot done around the house this weekend.But, I ended up watching movies on TV and slugging around the house. I did manage to do a bout 3 loads of the ever piled up laundry. I have got to get busy with the weight loss. I need to be motivated like my pal Cory. He lost around 40 lbs. I am going to be good and go to the gym at least 3 times this week. I have found out why I have so much pain in my lt. knee. Seems I have a medical and a lateral tear in my meniscus and a lateral and posterior baker's cyst. the ones in the posterior aspect of the knee are clustered like grapes and the lateral one id about the size of a walnut. These are the source of the pain I have constantly. The Dr. says we could go in and clean it up but the surgery is a big one and if we do it, then might as well replace the knee. I am so trying to postpone that endeavor as long as possible. I have been watching the celebrity fit club on VH1 and Carnie Wilson is on there. She had gastric bypass and she is still struggling to keep her weight in check. That right there tells me no way would I do that to myself and still have to worry al the time. Why was I born so LAZY??? My psycho boss was out of the office all week "working from home" I so dod not miss her. I am in my office with the door closed and she is her office with the door closed. You would think this would buffer me from her tirades but she just shoots these fucked up e-mails telling me how poorly I performed last week only they don't SAY that. It is implied. Like we can't function around here without her. Bet over yourself. I have been talking to my friend who is the adm. and seems that the higher ups have a problem with her performance. Remember a while back when she told me she was stepping down to take a postion like mine as our census was so that we could use another me. But then the census dropped and we don't need another me. She told me then that she could have pushed to take my job from me but she didn't because I don't know .. she can hold it over my head or something. All I know is ever since all that she has not been "into"her job it seems. She is always making excuses and sending these e-mails to her superiors with these excuses of the other people in the office making it difficult for her to do her job. hence she worked all week from home. But, the way the work flows I can tell she still didn't get ther work caught up. I just keep my head down and hope like hell she can't find my blog!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

MY evil boss from Hell is gone, maybe yours will go too. Hopefully they (the higher ups) can see its HER that is the problem.

3:34 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Well poody, we get snow here every.single.year and traffic still grinds to a halt, it's like people forget how to drive when the weather changes!

I love when the psychos are out of the office, it's like a holiday at work :)

Best wishes to you and your knee.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hang in there babe. With any luck at all Bosslady may be gone before too long. Also, I doubt that she can find your blog. I think you are pretty well hidden.

Sorry your knee isn't getting any better. I definately sympathize with you, since I am very bad myself at dealing with pain.

I doubt that you are nearly as lazy as I am.

Hope you have a nice week.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars