Tuesday, May 22, 2007

TUESDAY ALREADY?

Hey all, I am back! I took off last Friday and this Monday for a 4 day weekend! My friend Connie who has been a best friend since the 7th grade came to visit from Dallas. We went to a free outdoor concert on Saturday down on Town Lake. It was a beautiful evening and the crowd was so mellow. The line up was a bunch of great performers. Ruthie Foster,Malford Milligan,Joe Ely, Bonnie Raitt,Carolyn Wonderland, Bob Schneider,and Delbert McClinton to name a few. It was a tribute to Kris Kristoferson. He was there and sang? some of his songs. He still sucks at singing!And he is so old looking now! LOL But then again so am I!
I went for a massage yesterday. It was wonderful! 1 hour for $34! I am so going back to her! Yesterday I didn't do too much. My knees were really hurting from all the running around we did over the weekend!
My friend Connie also got a dachshund puppy. Little girl 6 weeks old and so cute. She is a blue like Dooley only she is dappled as well. I have pictures and will post them sometime this week. Her name is Zoey!My friend Nancy who raises these dogs will not stop till everyone has a weenie dog! Check out her website and see the puppies for yourself! www.zwergteckelslimited.com.
The talker is over there talking away this morning! She went to the ER this weekend for kidney stones! They had to put a stent in and they found a tumor! The good news is that if you are gonna get cancer then a kidney tumor is the one to get. It is usually primary meaning it didn't metastasize from another source and it is encapsulated. She will have to have surgery to remove the kidney and the sooner the better. I am sorry to hear this but now am I to feel bad if she "works" me over there? I am so going to hell people! Now I have to be nice to her! This is going to be hard!
My good friend Cory from Melbourne sent me a package with a lot of music CDs. I have been having so much fun listening to them all. What fun! I love Cat Empire, The Grand Silent System,The Regurgitators, and John Butler Trio. These are the only ones I have listened to so far. I got stuck on Cat Empire for awhile there. Speaking of Australian music, Wolfmother is coming to town! They so rock! I have to see when the concert is and get those tickets!
On another note, Counting Crows are touring this summer. Looks like they are playing ball fields all over the country and they are playing in Tulsa, Oklahoma with Collective Soul and Live in August! I am so going to that concert!Come on Mel and go with me! I have already checked on airfare and hotel rooms. I love summertime! And this coming up week is Memorial Day and I am off!How about you? Any summertime plans yet?

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I would so love to come!!! Although, the doc says only short airplane rides for me now or I have to take heparin shots with me on the plane. It sucks. You may have to come here to visit!

Delbert McClintn??? Awesome!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Summer cannot come quick enough for me right now...it is 7 months away (cries).
The talker is still a bitch, no matter her ailments of health... everyone has a story right? LOL
Wolfmother do rock, John Butler Trio, love them :)
My fav Aussie group is Cold Chisel though :)

2:41 AM  
Blogger phishez said...

What can I say...

Australia rocks!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I'm heading off to visit my Mom at the beginning of June. She lives in a tiny town in Iowa, and she's turning 80 years old this year--God love her. I plan to write about my trip and call my posts, "Notes From the Middle of Nowhere."

Send me your email address and I'll tell you more about Fiestaware:-)


MJ

3:15 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Now there's some good music, Poody!!!!


At least that might give an explanation of sorts for The Talker's behaviour....

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars