Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Story for Steph

Ok I promised Steph over at Much Ado a story. She is a pistol 25 yrs. old and she so
reminds me of me when I was that age only I was a slut puppy. Hey, different times, different ways! This is a story of when I was her age.
Once when I worked at a dialysis unit I struck up a phone friendship with this guy who worked for Special Transit. They are the people who come and pick up patients and take them home etc. I would call for a ride for the patients and this guy, Steve would answer. He was dispatch. We talked back and forth for a few months and one day he asked me out. I told him I would go and we decided on a place to meet (bar).I asked him how I would know him and he said "I'll be the one with a cane and a limp". I hung up the phone and said to my co-worker Pam "oh, uh uh he is a cripple! Of course, my first attempt at a blind date is gonna be with a cripple!"I asked her to go with me and she agreed.
The night of the date Pam and I got all gussied up and headed to the bar. It was a weekend night so it was pretty crowded. We went up to the bar and started looking around the place. There was a guy in wheelchair, 2 guys on crutches, and 3 guys with canes!SWEAR TO GOD!!
Anyways, we found him. He was the shortest of the bunch. I am almost 6 ft tall. Anyways, we had a nice time drinking and dancing and when the time came to go home, the 3 of us walked out to the parking lot. We were close to my car when a car backed out of a parking space and hit another car knocking out the back light. He was getting ready to just drive away and I ran up to him and asked for his name and phone number. He got scared and started looking for something to write his information on when across the parking lot comes these 3 guys hollering at me and the guy and telling the guy to go on because it wasn't my car. Well, I am drunk so I start hollering back at this random guy, " How do you know if it is my car or not?" he says,"If it's your car then get in it!" He tells the guy in the car to go on and he drives off. Me, on the other hand, I am miffed to say the least , I mean who the hell is this shithead standing here screaming at me in his pink IZOD shirt? I get up in his face and he gets right back in mine. I kicked him in the shin and he lunges for me. I am ready now and I go into fight mode while Pam and Steve are there to back me up. The next thing I know one of the other guys with the shithead is on my back with his arm around my neck, Steve jumps his ass and gets knocked back. I land on the ground the shithead guy and his 2 buddies take off running with Pam right behind them throwing rocks and obscenities at them. I get up and brush myself off and look around to see my date sprawled out on the parking lot bleeding from his forehead! Pam and I go over to help him up and make sure he is alright. He says he is fine and we all get in our cars and go home.Needless to say I am not happy about the night's events. I mean, first off I get a blind date with a gimp, then I get my best frock torn and muddied in a fray in the parking lot! The next time I went to work and had to talk to Steve on the phone he asked me out again. There was no way I was going out with him again. He was like 5' 1'' with one leg shorter than the other. Not that I am anything to look at but when you roll out with me there is no telling what will happen so I needed a man in better physical condition than that. I told him I was so embarrassed by my behavior that I could never go out with him again. I apologized and we parted as friends.
That was the first time Pam and I had been out together.We became fast friends and when I started travelling the country she became my room mate. We remain to this day bestest of friends!

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

LMAO! Your first blind date and it was with a midget sized gimp?? Oh dear Jaysus. You crack me up. I love how you got in a fight. I'd roll with you for sure.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

BOZOM buddies are awesome, especially when you share such fun times, fights included, LMAO.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I KNOW people like you..ahahahahah

12:38 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

BTW; You're nearly 6 feet? Brad likes his women tall.... I don't have too many rules in regard to physical appearance, but my one and only rule is that he must never, ever have a butt that is smaller than mine. That's a fairly wide scope these days..... just like my butt.... ;D)

1:01 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Poody, its me - NMOTB, except you will nolonger find me there, I have moved my blog (or started a new one) to www.goosie.wordpress.com

Loved the story!!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Take Care

Gen

12:20 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think you handled that gracefully. I mean the asking out on the second date. The bar fight is a whole other story. ROFL!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars