Monday, April 23, 2007

Dooley Scared me

Yesterday morning I got up at 6am to see the AM diabetic people by 6:30. I put the dogs outside and ran out the door. I came back only to find that Dooley was not outside but inside and he and Buffy had gotten into the kitchen trash can and had scattered all of it all over the kitchen and living room.It was a mess! I threw all dogs out and cleaned the mess up. As soon as I put the mop out on the patio I noticed Dooley was throwing up. I figured he had eaten something in the trash then Buffy started throwing up.Dang it, ya'll. So, I clean that up and bring Dooley back in where he camped out on the couch and proceeded to throw up about 8 more times mostly water and foam. Buffy threw up a couple of more time. I started to worrry about them both but mostly Dooley because he is so small and he was throwing up a lot more. He would lay there and look pitiful and cry. I went to the drug store to get some Emetrol and Pedialyte for him. I brought it back and gave both of them the Ematrol. He was so stubborn to take it though I couldn't get enough down him and he continued to throw up. I had to put the Pedilyte on ice so he would take some.He loves ice! My cousin came home around 5pm or so and she helped me to give him a little more medicine. He slept until 1:30 this morning when he woke me up and went to the kitchen and drank and drank and drank more water. Then he went in the bedroom and peed on the rug by the bed! I put him out while I peed and he came back in and played until 2:30 or so then came back to bed and slept until the alarm went off this morning. I am tired! My bags have bags this morning! But Dooley and Buffy are both fine now! Good thing too, because Mr. man has a race Saturday!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

awww...poor babies!
my labs get in the garbage all. the. time. I'll find styrofoam, saran wrap, tampons in their poop all the time. gross. and yes, they throw up....BIG piles of throw up.

aren't dogs great? Your little one is cute!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I thought all dogs had cast iron stomachs. :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I know that "tired" feeling, if it is not sick kids keeping me awake till all hours, then it is our new "baby"! (We have a new baby, so pop around as soon as you can to check her out).

I am glad your little ones are feeling better - that will teach them to each out the trash can - or will it?

Anyway's I love your new look!!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

My dogs LOVE garbage so hubby built a cabinet for the trash can. Glad they are ok! I HATE cleaning up puke worse than anyything!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars