Thursday, April 12, 2007

Closing Day

I have been working on refinancing my house to get a fixed lower rate. I close today at 6% on a 20 year loan. My plan is to pay 1 extra payment /year thus enabling me to be able to pay my loan of in 12 years. Yeh, I will be mortgage free by the age of 62. I am happy about that. My next big move will be to work on my 401K which has been languishing for over 1 year. I am excited though to have the whole house thing behind me. I feel like I have accomplished something for sure.
The talker L. lost it yesterday. She was over there hemming and hawing around and one of the nurses got frustrated because she was having to wait around all day for her to get a new patient into the system so it would hit her IPAQ and it was after 2pm already and the nurse was fit to be tied from waiting for what?? Who knows what the hell she does over there and the nurse came to see me and voiced her concerns and I directed her back to L. who blew up and told us both in a loud voice that she was tired of everyone pushing her to do everything and she was not about to drop everything to make everyone else happy. The administrator was close by and came in to see what all the hoo=haa was about and L. started crying and saying how everyone was against her she just can't take it anymore. I think she ended up pushing a lot of her work off on the administrator. She is still in a mini tither today because I can hear her anxiety in her voice as she answers the phones and does her thang over there. Hey, my name's Bennett and I ain't in it! Gotta go sign my life away.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Crushed said...

I used to sell loans on that basis. 'Take it ou over seven years, pay it off in three. You'll only pay three year's interest. But it gives you a low monthly payment, and you can py as much more as you want!'.
I knew that would make it last five years, on average.
Didn't like selling usury though. That's why I stopped.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I wish I had done that with my house. I'm not always the sharpest tool in the toolbox. :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

I feel sorry for L. She sounds like she's bitten off more than she can chew.

I also understand your frustration and I feel for you.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

We had drama at my work wendsday, but I wasnt involved (I was off that day) but it has been quiet and people are still not on speaking terms. Geez.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars