Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Update

Well, we are all moved into our new offices.i have a little cubby in the same room with the talker but there is a 5 ft wal up between us. I can still hear her but now I can ignore her. She tried hollering at me and I just ignore. I finally told her this afternoon that if she wants to talk to me she can call me or get up and come over to talk to me but I was not going to be listening to what she is doing over there. We will see how it works out. Apparently, I can't go out in the field unless there is a replacement for me here in the office. Crap! So, we shall see if they are going to find me a replacement or not.The postive side of this is that I get to look out of 2 windows and it is on the 2nd floor so it kind of feels like I am in a treehouse. I look to the east and the other window is to the north. I will take a picture of my cubby and post it for you to see. I have started Weight Watchers today. I am so fat that I am miserable and I have to lose some weight before the knee can get fixed too.Why is it so easy to get fat but not so easy to lose it especially once you get old like me! I just have to get used to counting my points.I have had luck with WW in the past. I just hate going to the meetings. They seem punitive because you have to weigh in and then everyone gets kudos for weight loss. Say for example if someone loses 10% of their body weight that is cause for celebration but for me that is a lot of weight. Just seems like a lot to share with all those strangers. Hell, my 10% could be all some of those ladies have to lose!I have all the information and my cousin is going to start it with me too. My back is to the door now so anyone can walk up on me goofing off like now so i have to be quick. I will post more later.

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

You're not old. I'm the one who's old. :)

Glad you have found a solution to tone down the talker. I hope it keeps on working.

6:33 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Its always hard to lose. Don't be miserable because of your weight.

I recently bought a piece of Gym equipment. And used it regularly. But after two weeks I actually gained a kilo! So I got depressed and binged on Krispy Kreme and penut m&Ms. When I weighed myself after the binge, I'd lost that kilo! Stupid scales are lying to me.

Don't lose heart. If it takes longer to come off, its less likely to go back on.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

I hate it when they put me in a spot where people can walk up from behind me. YOu need a rear view mirror. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Liz has a good idea about a mirror!

Glad you at least have the wall. Hope it all works out

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars