Monday, March 26, 2007

PMS

Well, as I told ya'll before I left work on Friday it was going to be a meeting of the "clits" for Kelly's birthday. I met up with everybody at Casa Garcia's one of our favorite bar/restaurants in the neighborhood. Kelly was hurting from partying too much the night before. Seems she went out with some work friends to a bar over on the east- sigh-eed! She told us she got so drunk she was throwing up at the table while her friends were dancing. She says some guy was holding her hair and stroking her arm behind her while she was simultaneously puking and farting. Ya gotta love a guy you can puke in front of and fart on! LOL I wish she had of got a name from him. Sounds like my kind of man!She got her purse stolen and was telling us how the next day she felt like shit and got a call from the bar and was told her car keys and ID were found in the dumpster behind the bar. She had to go dumpster diving for her things.
Anyways, we are all at the place sitting down at a big table drinking margaritas and fixing to order our dinner when in strolls a mariachi band. Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with a mariachi band; this is an acoustic band with guitars,fiddles,and trumpets. They dress in black outfits that have silver conchs down the side. Very pretty and they stroll through the restaurant singing and playing in Spanish. I love them and think most of the "clits"do. All except for Jana. Now Jana is a lovely girl. She is the "clit" with the swimming pool in the back yard. This is our summer be there place. She is also my number 1 companion for concerts. She is easy going and I have never seen her throw a fit or even be really mad before. Well, not when it comes to mariachis though. She hates them so much. So imagine if you will Jana sitting across from me with her back to the door of which have just walked in 7 mariachis. Now, the "clits"sitting across from Jana all see the mariachis and look at Jana to see what will happen.Then out of the corner of Gail's eye she spies the band and alerts Jana to the impending melee. Jana starts to get red in the face and when the music starts right behind her and it is loud. Really loud she begins to cry. Yes, I said cry! She grabbed her napkin and kept wiping her eyes. Well, I was crying too but only from laughing at her so much as were all of us. Yes, her best friends were all laughing and mocking her as we swilled our margaritas. She jumps up and runs out the door. We all sit there blinking and think well that is it we are outta here. We ask for our bill and the waiter now confused because he speaks mostly Spanish and cannot for the life of himself figure out why we would all come from the bar area to the eating part and then before ordering or finishing our drinks get up and leave. No matter we are going to do just that. He brings our bill and as we sit there figuring it out the mariachis leave the room and Jana comes back in ready to continue eating and drinking.Seems she was only waiting for the mariachis to leave. Okay, so the waiter comes back and we order our food. Yes, he is really confused then but we don't care because we are drinking and Jana is back and here we go. Oh did I mention we are really loud too? So we get our meals and more drinks of course, and are having the best time when in comes the mariachi band again to stand directly behind Jana and play. She jumps up and runs out of the restaurant in a panic, gets in her car and calls up from the car on her way home saying, "you bitches pay for my dinner I have walked the bill and am going home"
I have no idea why she is affected by mariachis this way. I even tried to reason with her pointing out that Antonio Banderas was a mariachi! Hello, did we watch that movie a bizillion times or what? Maybe she was accosted by a band of mariachis in her childhood. No one knows. All we know is how to wind her up and that is with mariachis!! We ended up at jana's house on the back patio laughing our ass off at Jana and her Panic Mariachi Syndrome!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Poody, I had to have a chuckle because when I saw your title, i was thinking to myself that I too get terrible PMS but after reading your post - It is not the same PMS~ heheehe

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

ooog God it sounds like a hoot!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

LOL I was thinking a different PMS too! I am like that when a spider is near LOL

3:59 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

Guns don't kill people. Mariachi music does.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I love mariachis. A few years ago Mariachi Vargas came to Houston and I paid forty dollars to hear them. People in Mexico are amazed at how much money Americans will pay to hear good mariachi music.

Hope you are having a nice week.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Poor Jana. She was probably, at some point in her life, duct taped to a chair and forced to listen to marachi music, and now she gets laughed at by her friends. Can't you feel her pain? LOL

7:06 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

When I think of Mariachis, I get a picture of Steve Martin, Martin Short and Chevy Chase dresseed in their "Three Amigos" regalia in my head.......
Poor Jana... Maybe her first boyfriend used to play mariachi music when they made love...that would make me sad...and panic stricken....

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars