Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'll Manage

I am back at the "w" today.The Talker tells me that she did miss me because she had more work to do and she also said,wait for it.. she said it was a lot quiter in here without me. She said she was able to get more done with less chatter!Less chatter! oh my God!!Yes, she did just say that to me. I am ignoring her as she self implodes over there about getting a Dr. from a city clinic on the phone! Good luck with that! She has taken to getting all pissy when she is busy and people keep coming at her from all sides. This job is all about multitasking!You can be working on an order some nurse has just shot back at you with med changes and calendar changes to name a few when the phone rings and it is a Dr office with an order on another patient or wanting some lab work faxed to them that was done a month ago and some nurse standing at your desk telling you about the new admit patient who needs to be reported to Adult protective Services all at once. It is a little overwhelming to say the least but getting all flustered and telling everyone that you cannot help them or that you are too busy to listen to them is unacceptable. While I was gone my psycho boss had to actually come into the office and sit at my desk and work beside her. I wonder how that went down. I am so dying to know but have no way of finding out!
Tomorrow is the big day for Dooley. I am a little worried because I know little dogs can be tricky with the anesthesia. I have to drop him off first thing in the morning.He can't have anything to eat or drink after 7pm tonight. My cousin bought the dogs soem do-nut holes yesterday. Thye love do-nut holes. I don't think Dooley ever had them before. He could only eat 1 to their 4 so he didn't get but maybe 2 or 3 but oh my did he love them so much!I will go home tonight and take him something special to eat for dinner. I hope he can forgive me. But, being home with him the last 2 days and it was raining and the dogs spent the majority of the time in the house, I did see some puddles where he must have hiked a leg. I haven't been putting the belly band on him lately because he was being so good.Dooley!
South by Southwest starts today. The Austin Music Awards were last night. Patrice Pike won performer of the year! Yea, Patrice! There isn't a hotel/motel room within a 50 mile radius of this town this week. The nice thing is the traffic for me going to work is light because of the spring break in the morning. I will have to see how it goes for the evening drive home. The festivities start around 6pm I think.There is some free concerts too. I have to see who is playing though. I think they are playing down on Town Lake because I saw stages being put up down there on my way to work this morning. Maybe I will go if it is someone I like or sounds interesting. Okay, now she is spazing out and I have to help her get through this or her head will start spinning around. Bless her heart. It is too hard for her. Am I the only one who gets it?

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Sounds like you have your very own Moronica working with you!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars