Friday, March 09, 2007

Cowboy Breakfast

Today there was a big sunrise breakfast with pancakes, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, sauage,and tortillas.Plus coffee and orange juice and milk for the kiddos. All free. It is the kick off of the rodeo in town and I was lucky enough to get in on it.There was a mess of people there too. Mostly cowboys and let me tell you something about cowboys ladies; they wear tight Wranglers with cowboy boots and the way they fit a butt is a sight to behold. I don't know if it is the fit or that and the little heel on the boot that makes it bootylisicious!All I know is like Martha says "It's a good thing!"
I had to do some insulin injection visits before coming into work this morning. There is some sort of virus going around and between that and nurses taking off for the spring break we are a little short.I am working the weekend too. Just some AM/PM diabetics. It means getting up early but I don't mind that so much except for this morning I woke up at 5:30 because Dooley had to go pee. My alarm was set for 6am.I was tossing and turning anyways.I haven't been sleeping well lately either. My shoulder hurts when I lay down. I have a torn bicep tendon.I talked with one of the physical therapists and she showed me some exercises to do to strengthen the arm. I do okay during the day but at night when I lay down it falls either forward or backward. Either way it hurts and I cannot get comfortable!!It is hell when you get old! I tore it carrying in the groceries! No kidding! I had too many bags in my hand and when I swung them all up on the counter I felt it go POP! Son of a bitch!
Last night I dreamed about the Rat bastard and it was a good dream.We were together and having fun and when I woke up I was crying. Not because of my shoulder either!I think maybe I am missing having someone in my life to be in love with. I miss that for sure but then the thought of meeting someone and having to get to know them and have them get to know me is daunting. I mean it is a big investment and with my track record they will only end up hurting me in the long run. Fatalistic view?? Maybe, but realistic in my opinion. I know some people are secure in their relationships and believe me, so was I. I just think that I am one of those people who is not meant to be with someone. I was with him for almost 10 years. I have friends who have kids who weren't married that long! I would love to find someone to share my life with but since there are no guarantees in life I am afraid to persue this trail of thought. I guess I am still hurting from the last bounce!
Another reason I dreamt about him maybe because the sheriff's deputy woke me up yesterday morning looking for him. He has a warrant out for his arrest. They were very nice when I went to the door. They said they had a warrant and I assumed they meant a search warrant and I threw back the door and said "you are more than welcome to come and look but he ain't here. He hasn't lived here in 17 months! I don't know where he lives now." I did tell themn where he works. Hey, fuck him man. Did you not get the part about the cops being at my house yesterday morning? Rat Bastard! Change your freaking address already! I asked what the offense was but they wouldn't tell me.You would think I would gather some satisfaction in knowing that at any time they could pull him over and arrest him or better yet go to his work and arrest him. But not so much! Well, maybe just a little bit!Alright, before I get back to the "w" I have a quizz for you:
I am going to give you a line from first a movie and then from a song and you have to guess the movie and song.
1)It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of a human heart. What movie is this?
2)And every day, I'd laugh the hours away
Just knowing you were thinking of me. What song is this and who sings it?

Good luck!! And have a great weekend!

--------------------oOo--------------------

12 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

What exactly are "biscuits and gravy"? That seems like a bizzare thing to eat for breakfast.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Looks like you had fun, the rodeo sounds awesome!!! Don't forget, as I posted time b4 last, check the cowboy's shoe size, LOL.

Your ex needs a kick up the coit!!!

Am not sure on your quizz, but I will stand by for answers.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh, and your shoulder..what one is it? Mine is the right, and it hurts like hell. What exercises are you doing?

4:23 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I am laughing at the first comment... not at her, just her comment. Biscits & Gravy are g.r.e.a.t. for breakfast.
Poody, have you ever had tomato gravy & biscuts?! YUMMY!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I give my dog biscuits and gravy....She loves 'em!
I can relate about the shoulder..I hurt my right one about 5 or 6 yrs ago, throwing a toy up onto a bunk bed in the boys' room..It can be a bit of a bother at work sometimes, but I try not to use it when I helping someone up or down or to move around...Bugger me if I didn't hurt it opening a kitchen drawer yesterday, though!
We have our fair share of rodeos, cowboys and wranglers in our part of town; just because I'm ... mature....it doesn't mean I can't appreciate a fine piece of ass....

5:16 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

PS, I knew Cazzie was an Aussie by her use of the term "coit"...
And I don't know your quiz answers, either.. I'll be back.

5:18 AM  
Blogger poody said...

LOL Steph, biscuits and gravy are the BEST for breakfast you make biscuits out of flour and I think the british call them scones? Anyway, the gravy is made out of the sausage and bacon drippings and flour and milk all together makes a creamy yummy gravy. You break up the biscuit and pour the gravy over it and MAN O MAN Is it ever good!When I was a kid we always had biscuits and gravy after church on Sunday mornings!
Cazzie it is my right shoulder too. I have one of those thera- bands that the therapists use and I put one end in my left hand and rest it on my left knee and with the other end in my right hand I put it on top of the left one and then pull up diagonally. Then I take the band and with each end in a hand I put my hands out in front of me and then abduct and adduct my arms back and forth. Then I also put the band around a door knob and then with both ends in my hands I pull first back with the right arm and then the left arm. The last exercise I just take the band and put it underneath my knees and with both ends in my hands I pull up and release. Simple enough but it leaves me hurting afterward but it is strengthening my arms. I also stand up with my right shoulder facing the wall and with my right hand touch the wall and then "walk" my hand all the way up the wall and then all the way down the wall.And remember what Pee Wee says big feet big boots!
Ms. Slushie, I have not had tomato gravy but it sounds good you know us southerners everything tastes better covered in gravy! I have had fried green tomatos with a red gravy before ,is that is maybe? I had it in a restaurant.
Cyndy, you have one lucky dog!
I will wait and see if anyone else gets the quizz and if not I will tell you tomorrow!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Bo... said...

Hey there! Although it was a nasty flu, I lived to tell the tale! (And thank you for your note!)

5:24 PM  
Blogger poody said...

movie-O Brother Where art Thou?
song- I Need You -America

4:17 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I didn't know that Martha Stewart liked cowboys. :)

1:25 AM  
Blogger phishez said...

Free breakfasts and real cowboys. I heart me a wrangler butt. *Drool*

Hope your shoulder heals soon.

2:18 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

MMMMmmmmmmmm that breaky sounds so yummy!!!!!!! and cowboy's. When I was in Vegas I got to see "real" cowboys - Phew!!!!!!

Hope you are well otherwise!!

Take Care

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars