Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The "W"

I hate my job. I swear I do. I have so many fucking bosses it is not even funny. Just this afternoon I had a P.T. supervisor come in and tell me to call a Dr office because the therapist who was scheduled to admit a pt and she had decided after talking to a neighbor on the phone that the pt was in dire need of a nurse. Mind you she did not go see the pt. but was able to make an informed decision over the phone that she would not be able to admit this pt. Amazing powers of triage! Needless to say I was less than happy to be bossed around by a Physical Therapist! Especially when the only reason I was given for the therapist not admitting the pt. was because she felt a nurse was needed. Fuck the fact that the Dr. just saw this pt. yesterday and she didn't feel a nurse was needed. So, I tell the therapist that is was frustrating to me when she doesn't communicate with me and I also voice my wonderment at her ability to triage over the phone without ever seeing or talking to the pt. She is a fussy little bitch who has reported me to my boss before for cutting her off when she goes on and on over the phone. She is a talker too. All I want is the facts and those need to be put in a nutshell. I really am not concerned with the fact that when she sees someone they have on perfume that makes her sick or the little dog at so and so's house is just like the one her Granny had! Hey that's just me!After she left my office she called me later to say that she had spoken with the caregiver for this pt. and that she painted a completely different picture than the neighbor had. She had the gall to say to me so I can admit this pt but not until tomorrow. See, the real reason she didn't want to admit this pt is she was already seeing a lot of people and she didn't want to work too late today! She told me that! OMG!!!!That way gets up my nose! Therapist make more money than the nurses and some of them flat out refuse to admit pts. they want the paperwork to be done up for them by the nurse! So, now, I have to try to explain to the Dr office why we are not following the plan of care on this pt. What do I say? The therapist feels you don't know shit and want the nurse to admit this person.So, then wait it gets better. My boss calls me to tell me to tell the Dr office when they call back that the therapist was busy and unable to admit this pt today but that they will admit tomorrow.Nothing like making me look like an idiot! God just keep me from spewing any venom on anyone and let me get the hell out of here and go on home! On the plus side (is there one?) I did manage to go for a walk at the nearby mall on my lunch break.Now, I do not have to go to the gym and break anything or go swimming. I can just go home and watch American Idol. I am so frustrated!!!! Maybe I need sex!! I mean I have not had sex in almost 19 months! Damnation! I am a born again virgin! Somebody call Jimmy Swaggart!OMG I am listening to the talker's phone conversation. She is talking to someone who is calling and asking if we can change a IV pain med pump. She is telling them that the pt can do that no nurse is needed. Idiot! Like a person who needs IV pain medicine would be allowed to have access to her pain pump. Those things are locked for a reason. Whatever! I am not in the mood to correct her stupid ass today!The bosses think she is all doing fine but she has yet to enter a referral without my assistance hellfire, she even asks me how to print coordination notes! But the pisser is she is not stupid. One day she asked how to go about setting a pt up for an overnight oximetry. I told her the steps she would need to follow to do this. She listened to me and when she figured out I was not going to do it for her she said to me"Oh that sounds too involved. I am going to call this company and act like I don't know how to do it and see if they will do this for me" Yep, she said to ME!! Ever since then, I just look at her blink twice and go back to work when she asks me the same shit over and over again. "Is there an ICD code for a fall?" "I don't know, is there?"God, give me patience to keep from killing her. Good thing I don't work for the post office!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Postal, you say? :)

The last job I had there were 3 boses in the building plus the 'ones' that came and went every month or so and then the women who 'thought' they were my boss. Finally I had enough and I walked out... really!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I had a feeling that your office mate wasn't as stupid as she was pretending to be.

I hope your knees are feeling better.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

you are too good for the people at your work!! I am so sorry, I know how miserable it is to hate your job because bosses. Wish I could make it better for you!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh how I feel for you. There's at least one in every office. Lax cake is the only solution :P

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars