Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Life in the Hood

I love my neighborhood. I really do. It is tri-ethnic and by that I mean we have all kind of people living there. I live next door to a family from Mexico. A real American dream family. They moved here and started a family. They are hard working blue collar folks like most of the other neighbors here. An elementary school sits at one end of the neighborhood and a middle school sits at the other end. In the evening, we all walk either the streets of the hood or at the track at the middle school. It is a community and we all know each other.Last night, around 11pm I was in my bedroom at the back of the house. Annette who lives down and across the street is a balck lady in her 50's I believe. She has M.S. and spends her time in bed. Her daughter looks after her and she also has a live in boyfriend. he comes home at 11pm. He always has his stereo pumped up with the bass as loud as possible. I along with all the other neighbors know when he comes home. Last night, I am sitting in bed watching Cartoon Network when he comes flying by the house with his jams on high. I hear the windows vibrate as they always do when crach, a picture is thrown off the wall. Oh no, not a good thing. I get out of bed and see that it is a poster of a volcano in Hawaii that has fallen and the glass is cracked. I put my jeans and shoes on and with the poster in hand head over to see them. I ring the doorbaell to which at first no one answers. I ring again and hear yelling for someone to get the door. The daughter opens the door and says "do you know what time it is?" I answer" I sure do it is the same time every night that the dudue gets home and wakes us all up with his stereo blaring". I then show her my busted poster with the cracked glass. She says hold up and calls for the boyfriend who then preceeds to tell me that he has been home all night and that it wasn't him who was blowing through the hood. I go outside and touch his car that is still hot t the touch and say"well, honey someone was driving it because it is hot and I know it was this car. He is still arguing with me and I say "turn the key and see is the stereo blasting" He does as told and before he can turn the stereo down it comes blasting out as loud as noon day in the summer. He looks at me sheepishly and says "sorry" I ask him why he would lie about this when we all know exactly when he comes home every night because he always has his music so LOUD!! He apologized and said he will turn it down from now on once he gets off the freeway. he also says he will replace the glass in the frame. That is all I wanted just a little respect when he comes home! LOL

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

OMG.. I'd be pissed. lol At least he says he'll fix it for you.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jail Byrde said...

Well good on ya for having the presence of mind and balls to feel the hood of his car. Even if I would have thought of it, I'm not sure I would have touched someone else's property. Men are funny with their cars.

Anyway, you might want to tell your neighbour about my experience when having a similar sound system installed in my car, when I was back home in Montreal.

They advised me to turn down the volume when I got close to home, because the sound may draw unwanted attention to your car, very close to where it sleeps. And you could wake up one morning with holes, where speakers and equalizers and amps used to be.

Now we wouldn't want that, would we?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hello, I visiting from Cazzie, I am impressed with your courage. Sometimes, I tend to just be ticked by such events and seeth to myself. Perhaps, after your confrontation, your neighbor will turn down the bass.

4:56 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I can't believe the cheak of it!!!!! Anyways good on you for standing your point!!!!


Happy Valentines Day!!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have a neighbor who is half Anglo and half Mexican-American. Her step brother is half Eskimo and half Filipino. Her husband is Half Irish_American and Half Italian American. She has another relative who is half African American and Half Cajun. And another one from Venezuela who is Spanish with a trace of Black blood. I'd better stop. I'm getting confused.

By the way, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

7:57 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Now that is what I call a real American family Gary!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Moral of the story: Don't mess with Poody.

Did you go over there in your PJ's?

I am surprised he can still hear.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Wait, maybe that is why it is so loud.

10:17 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I'm glad he says he'll fix. And good for you for going over there and confronting him. No one messes with Miss Poody!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars