Friday, February 02, 2007

Work sucks

I just got an email from my psycho boss saying if I have more than 1 Dr appt. a month that I need to make them all on the same day and then take the day off!If I am seeing just 1 Dr then I have to see the Dr between 10am and 2 pm. Yeah ok let me tell the Dr when he will see me! I don't know about you but I take what I can get! This job is sucking more and more with every passing day! Yesterday, I was so on the edge that it was all I could do to get out of the office! I spent the whole time on the long way home singing really loud to the oldies. I know it sounds cheesy but somehow belting out an old Neil Diamond tune or a Beatles song is a great stress reliever. The station I listen to has crappy reception so it sounds like AM radio which is even better because those old songs sound the same as they did back then. I know a lot of you are going AM radio? Huh? I grew up in a small bible baptist belt town. At night I could get WLS coming out of Chicago! This was back when I was a Junior High Schooler. You know the age 13-15 yrs. old. I would literally be on my blue princess phone all night long! My friends and I would fall asleep listening to the smooth Motown sounds coming from the windy city!LOL! So, when I hear Smokey or Marvin singing it brings back those memories and those are good memories!I know I should find another job but the reality of selling yourself is overwhelming.I am no catch with all my ailments!Now, they are trying to backpeddle and shove the talker out the door. She has been having heart palpatations and she went to the Dr and she has to go in the hospital and stay for 3 days to be put on a heart medication that will regulate her heart. This is some serious stuff. My boss told her it was a bad time to take off because she is taking off then too! She actually wanted her to postpone getting her irregular heart taken care of! You know it is bad when I start to emphasize with the talker! I knew she was not right for the job. Told them that from the start. But now to treat her so badly... she said the boss told her she was going to hold off on doing her 90 day evaluation until she got out of the hospital. In other words, she will cut her some slack since she is being hospitalized. Mighty white of her I think!Man oh man!I need a drink already! I am so glad the weekend is coming up!Oops! here comes the boss now gotta go look busy!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I also take what I can get when I'm trying to make an appt. Especially if your really sick and it's just not a check-up.

Maybe you should ask your boss what doctor she uses, because it seems her doctor will let her tell him what time she'll be there!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm sorry Poody.
You'd think that being in the line of work your bosses are in,that they'd be a little more understanding about doctor's appointments!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend in spite of all the things which are vexing you. Have a drink for me too.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

That is ridiculous! Your boss has issues

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars