Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Back!

I am back from my vacation. I got back last night at 11pm. I was on the train which was running 4 hours late!! The weather up north must have been a doozy! The train was great. I had a whole aisle to myself as did everyone else on the train. I could recline and put my feet up. The rocking of the train was soothing and I could nap off and on all the way there and back. There was a dining car which had not too good food and an observation car that had ceiling windows and the view was great. The weather here is frightful. It is rainy and they say the temperature will not get above 33 degrees. I am thinking we will close up shop and go home soon. I have to go get another mouse because Dooley chewed through the other one! He really missed me! He chewed up the antennae on the phone at home too. Then last night he kept waking up and licking me and I guess he was just checking to make sure I was still there. Bless his heart. I was gone for 5 days. He has never been away from me that long. Not even overnight before. He and the girls are all in the house today because it is so cold and rainy outside.I visited with my cousin and her family on Wed and Thursday my sister took off and came from Ft Worth to get me. We ate at this place in Ft Worth called Lucile's. I had the best martini ever!! the food was out of this world too. I told my sister I wanted to come back for Sunday brunch. We did and we split a pasta dish that had fettichini noodles with Alfredo sauce. It had bacon, ham, eggs, onion, and man on man it was so good. We also had German pancakes with lemon butter! Yummy!!Oh yeah, and mimosas!If any of you have a chance to go there by all means do it. I wholeheartedly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.Okay I will try ot post more after I get home but remember I have to get a mouse to use the computer at home. I got to call my road nurses and tell them to be careful and get on home.

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Poody, I am glad you had a good time. That food sounds delicious, especially the german pancakes. My favorite pancakes are Swedish with lingonberries.

Dooley sure seems like a wonderful dog.

Be careful in this weather. It feels like winter outside.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Welcome Back! I've never ever been on a train in my life, except for the ones at a zoo or fair, etc., so I'm jealous!!

Keep warm and dry with the storm coming your way.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Glad you had a good vacation but poor Dooley missing his mon :)

Be careful on that weather. I think its headed here next.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Bo... said...

I absolutely love riding on trains.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound!

8:15 PM  
Blogger poody said...

First class and no booze sounds like an oxymoron to me.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars