Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stuff I been Trying to Show You

Hey Dooley! Come over here,I want to show you something!


Oh yeah, little man, you are gonna be so cute!



Oh my , that is the sweetest little reindeer I have ever seen! Do you like it Dooley?

I have been working on my presents. These are some of the finished ones. They are glass bocks with fairy lights inside.




I think I like the multicolored ones for all year long!




I like to go to places like the market Days in Wimberly for ideas on making presents. Some of the things I saw but have no intention of making but still I wanted to share with ya'll.


The best thing about these doors were the glass doorknobs. It is clever.



Ok this is just wrong! Only in Texas. Take a good look that is a real gun people!I mean would you have this by the bed and then if you hear something in the middle of the night you just roll over and say "honey, hand me the lamp, I think I hear something downstairs"


Too too much!!


But,I did like the fairies! I am gonna have to look into learning to weld and solder.It looks cool!


These were cool too! It is yard art made out of old tin signs and barn material. I love the tail on the big pig. It is a spring!




Ok, that is it for now. I have more but don't want to bore you too much all at once! I am going to bed. I got to talk to my friend in Australia tonight. If it is 10pm here on Wednesday night; it is 5pm Thursday evening there. Wow! It was a nice chat. The connection wasn't that good but it was still pretty awesome to be able to talk to someone on the other side of the world! Can you tell I am a hick at heart? It doesn't take much to impress me.They are having summer now. He said it was about 34 degrees there but here that would be over 90 degrees. I don't know if I would like having Christmas in the summer. But I guess if you are a kid then you would be off for the summer and the presents you got would be a lot better too. Like a bike in the summer is way better than a bike in the winter. Same goes for a trampoline or a basketball. Really, now that I think about it Christmas in the summer would be a lot of fun! But, now I am wondering what they do in the winter to celebrate. I mean Christmas was only started to offset the pagan's winter soltice fest which was started to keep people from being all bummed out during the bleak cold months of winter. Or at least that's what the history channel said.Dang it, I shoulda wrote down everything I wanted to ask him.What would you ask him?Just wondering is all. Night folks!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I didn't know you were so creative. Good work. I like the one with the red and green leaves the best.

I think Dooley is precious. I love the expressions on his face.

I have been to Market Days a few times in Wimberley and have always enjoyed it. If I was going to live in a small town in Texas I would probably pick Wimberley. Or maybe Rockport.

Hope work is going better.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm in love with Dooley.
He's so cute I just wanna squeeze
him and hug him forever!

I adore the pressies you're making.
How clever and creative!
I would have never thought of that.
They've turned out great!

4:04 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Dooley sends hugs and kisses your way Leal and Gary!Gary if you lived in Wimberly I could come visit you and we could go to the Pie Company together! Hmmmm Pie!!!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars