Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hooray For saturday!!

Saturday is my favorite day of the week. I love to wake up late and laze in the bed. Dooley wakes up and rushes to give me little kisses on my face and neck. I get up and make a pot of coffee and relax still in my gown either watching TV or on the computer. Guess which one I chose today.My cousin is sitting in the living room in her PJs watching a John Wayne movie. She loves John Wayne and falls asleep to a JW movie every night. She says it relaxes her.I have a lot to do today. I have an art explosion thingy to go to this evening and a party tonight. It will be one of those everybody gets drunk and giggly. I will be a designated driver. Not much of a drinker although I have been known to twist off every once in while. But not tonight. Not worth it. When I was 25 yrs old I got arrested for public intoxication. It was my birthday and Nancy and I were down on 6th street hitting every bar along the way. At one point Nancy had lost her shoes and I had gone back to another bar to look for them. When I came back she was cavorting (yes I said cavorting) with a bum. She was being all nice to him and he was holding her arm. I tried to pry him off her and asked the bartender to call us a cab. We stepped outside with the bum close behind. I was standing on the sidewalk telling him to fuck off when along comes a cop. Short little guy with a pissed off face. he was acting all like "break it up here" and we were totally ignoring him. That pissed him off and when our cab drove up I was trying to get Nancy and myself in and the cop became so irrate. He started yelling at us telling us we weren't going anywhere. He said we were under arrest and to get out of the cab. Nancy who was always so sweet and kind became belligerant and ran off down the sidewalk. We were in front of this bar called Steamboat Springs. It was a popular night spot and this particular night was a Monday and that is when all the local musicians got together to "jam". We knew everyone because at the time I was barbacking in there and another one of our friends was waitressing on the side. It was just about the time when people were getting there so by now we have gathered a crowd. The cop handcuffed me and threw me in the backseat of his cop car. Nancy would wait till he got about 3 feet from her and then she would sprint off down the sidewalk causing the whole crowd to cheer. I got out of the car and they went wild. The cop came back shoved me in the car and the crowd went "boo".Then he would take off after Nancy again . She would stand there giving him this look like you idiot then give him the Italian arm bend which was as close as she ever got to saying fuck you!Haha!I would continue to get out of the car to talk to the people who had gathered and get birthday wishes and he would keep coming back to put me in the car all the time with Nancy eluding him. Finally, he got so mad when I was too busy to be put back in the car and she was no where near getting in either he pulled his gun out and pointed it at Nancy and screamed for us to get in the car and the crowd to disperse! Well, needless to say this put a damper on our getting arrested party! We get in the car and Nancy is hollering at this cop about how rude he is and didn't he know it was my birthday! When we got to the cop shop he took us in to get fingerprinted and our pictures taken, Nancy calmed down and I got all pissy yelling Attica!! over and over again. They threw us in a cell together. We sat together on a bunk and sang Bruce Springsteen songs. The one about driving all night just to buy you a pair of shoes which is by the way a powerful blue collar love song. Only we were drunk and kept singing I'd drive all night just to buy you a pair of shoes and to taste you tender arms or eyes one or the other. The line is taste your tender charms but well you know how drunks are. I used my one phone call to call my uncle who just happened to be playing poker with a lawyer friend who came on down and got me out of jail. Nancy called a nurse friend whose husband was a lawyer and he came down to get her.The laywer who got me out took me to my car and I drove home. In about 30 minutes Nancy called me saying the lawyer she called had taken her home and then proceeded to try to hit on her. Well, if all that doesn't throw a wet blanket on you birthday! I got in the car and went and picked her up and we went back downtown to Steamboat where everyone cheered the return of the jailbirds and we had free drinks for the rest of the night. And that is my story of the best birthday I ever had! It takes a good friend to come and get you out of jail but a true friend will be there saying man that was fun!Wow, this is the first time I have been able to sit down and put to paper any Nancy stories . And it didn't even make me cry to think of her. It made me happy to share a Nancy story with you all. Thanks!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

What a great story. Thank for sharing it. Happy Weekend. xoxoxo

1:38 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

If you ever run for President, I guess somebody will sell your mug shot to the National Inquirer. :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

she sounds like the best friend ever! I am glad you are able to tell us that story. I know how hard it is!

I have never been arrested, but I bet I would have if I had known you then LOL

6:05 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Great story, thanks for sharing!!! Oh by the way, that mirror in the post down below - any idea where i can get one??

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars