Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Don't say another word!!



I am so fu**ing over this girl in my space. OMG!! She spent yesterday from 10:30am to 1:30 pm with the big boss who is "training" her. At 1:30 she came into my office and I was on the phone and had my music on(Killers new album). She proceeds to tell me about what she had for lunch. I held a finger up and pointed to the phone in my hand which is the universal sign for I am on the phone now, be with you in a minute. But she doesn't know sign language evidently because she starts speaking louder to be heard over the music she later told me. Note that the person I was talking to from Medicaid said her lunch sounded good to her. After I got off the phone I asked what she had going on and she said nothing right now. I handed her a stack of lab results that had been faxed from the lab and asked her to fax these to the Dr's offices. That was at 1:30. At 4:30 she had yet to fax a single lab. Hello, it takes all of about 15 minutes tops to fax that stuff. It is not rocket science. I bet any of you could have figured out how to do it. She has been here over 3 weeks now and I personally have shown her how to use the fax machine plus she came from an office environment. That brings us to the next issue which is triage. For those of you who do not understand the meaning of the word triage it is just what nurses do with their critical pathway thinking. That means you assess the duties at hand and start with the most urgent or important one. Now, it is very important that labs be given to the Drs. in a timely manner. Like before 4pm. The nurses should be having the lab itself fax results to the Drs but they sometimes forget to put the fax number or the Dr name on the slips.When I left yesterday at 5pm she was still faxing results and when I came in this morning there were 2 labs she never faxed. She said she did them all but those 2 and it was late so she left them for today. But, did she fax them this morning??? Oh hell no! They were still sitting there. I about lost it then and there. I am trying people. I have no tolerance for slackers or dumb assess for that matter. At this point I can only assume she is either not getting because she is a dumb ass or she is not getting because she is going to always want to throw tasks back my way. I mean why learn something if you don't need to? Okay so I feel better now just ventilating my frustration. I have told my boss and her boss that I will no longer be staying at the office every night till 7pm. I will work thru my lunch hour as always and I will be leaving at or about 5pm every work day. I am salaried so just the fact that they get an extra hour of work from me every day galls me sometimes. If I continue to stay late to get my work done then they will see it as i am doing ok and don't need any help. So, as I always say people will rise to your expectations, well in this case I am sinking to the standards set as far as work flow. I am officially on a slow down. I have to. Mentally is is fatiguing and stressful. I need a martini STAT!!!


And wait for it... yep she's still talking to me!!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

One big fat martini on its way to you!!! :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You should've said to the person you were talking with, "Can I call you back on a working phone?" and she'd've been like, "The phone works! You're talking on it, ain'tcha?" and then you would've taken the reciever and hit her over the head again and again and again until it was battered and bloody, at which point, no, it would not be working.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Poody!

I'm sorry I haven't been Blooging all that much these days...But I finally made it to the Ps on my list...

Your doggies are pretty cute.

The talking lady at work sounds pretty annoying...Too bad we can't just punch people in the face when they show incompetence...I know I wouldn't get punched too much, but I think my knuckles would get sore after a while...

Keep your chin up, Kid!

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

2:57 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Thanks guys and I like the way you think malnutured snay

8:54 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I'm sending James Bond over to your place with a martini, shaken, not stirred.

MJ

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars