Thursday, November 23, 2006

Day of Gluttany

Man you gotta love a holiday where you are expected to overeat!I surely did my job of it. I went to my friend Jana's house for Thanksgiving. Very low key. So much good food. Her husband smoked a turkey!I made these sweet potatoes that were sooooo good. Lots of butter,brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon! Jana made a millionaire pie and strawberry salad and 2 different kinds of dressing. I could go on but you get the picture. We drank holiday punch!Of course there was pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and coconut creme pie. And honey baked ham.... hmmmm hammm!!! I brought home a huge plate of food but it is for myself and my cousin who had to work all day long. She is housesitting for friends who have dogs this weekend. I have the house to myself. It's kind of nice but lonely too. I am so tired and full I think the trytophan in the turkey is kicking in.... Goodnight!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I hope you are enjoying your beauty rest.

Those sweet potatoes sound absolutely delicious.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

hehehe. Sounds like you had a great meal!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Sounds so wonderful,I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
What is a millionaire pie???
I think I need one;p

2:42 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Poody, I'm 60 years old, follicly challenged, and only have partial vision in one eye. But I AM honest. And I think you are very sweet.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Gee, thanks. After I read your post about all that great food I got hungry again. I'm logging off my computer and I'm going to the kitchen to raid the refrigerator.

MJ (she who must go on a diet starting tomorrow).

8:42 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Sweet potatoes...sounds like they were divine. Glad you had a great holiday.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Yes, it is such a great day. Only us Americans could celebrate it correctly.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars