Friday, November 17, 2006

Freaky Friday

I am having the worst day ever at work! This is my cigarette break! No, I don't smoke but I had to have a break. I just am overwhelmed by the amount of work I have been doing. We bought out another home health agency and went from 130 pts. to >200. I have been working like crazy and then there is the new person who talks ninety to nothing in my office! Then there was the Dr who had his nurse call me, put me on hold for 5 mins. and then when he got on the phone starts yelling at me! Hold on now! I told him to first off quit screaming at me and tell me his concerns in a rational tone of voice. He got so mad at that he could hardly form words. Who are you to tell me how to act? he asked . I told him I would be glad to assist him if he could calm down and tell me what I could do to make him happy. He told me I was patronizing him. Hello, I'm a nurse! Of course I patronize you ,you idiot! That's what you want me to do! Turns out the problem he had stemmed from office and staff! Nothing I can do about that now is there? Did he apologize for calling me up putting me on hold and then yelling at me like a petulant child??? Well, my teeth are still in my head and if he had done that then they would be on the floor with my jaw! In other words, Drs. act the worst ever to nurses. Not to their patients, family, or other Drs. Just nurses! Like we are some kind of whipping boy! Historically that is their M.O. I need a drink STAT! There are no emergencies in home health! I am trying not to get caught up in the drama unfolding around me,hence this post. If I can verbally vomit out here what I want to say to the next person who comes in my office with an urgent right now request then I will make it till the phone quits ringing at 5pm.Oy vey! I just want to say one thing FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! Okay then, that's better! Let me get my game face on because here comes the boss!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

OH poor Poody!! I know exactly how you feel, having worked with doctors for years. I am not a nurse but have been on that end too though.

I know what you mean about the office mate, I am going through the same thing although I dont have an office, just a cube.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I work with doctors too. A couple of them can be real jerks, but I work with one woman doctor who is absolutely fabulous. She has never "pulled rank".

You have a very interesting blog.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I've worked with my share of jerk-doctors, but most of the docs I've worked with have been fine.
I think they behave around me because I scare them.

MJ

5:12 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That is why my dad works nights. He doesn't have to deal with doctors.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars