Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My neighborhood

South Austin has it's own flair for art.this guy makes his animals out of metal scraps.Look closer at the 2 dogs tied up in the yard.This guy had 2 problems, first he needed a fence and second he had a lot of downed wooden branches in the yard. My cousin from Chicago says she does not like this look. It is too messy!


This dude just likes chickens!Yep, that is a big chicken in the back yard.

But this one, he is committed to his art. The pictures do not do it justice.It is covered, every inch of it with mirrored bits and pieces.

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Blue Petal said...

I love it when people have quirky things in their gardens! That chicken is fab! :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm a huge fan of people who have such unique style and are able to create such clever,interesting art!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I envy people who are artistic and creative. The chicken is much better than a plastic pink flamingo.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I think I like the chicken the best.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin is supposed to be a hotbed of artistic expression, isn't it? I definitely need to make a visit. That chicken reminds me of the Big Duck on Long Island, which is literally a big duck (a 10-ton 20-foot-tall concrete and plaster construction built in 1931 as a farmstand).

6:51 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Very creative!!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars