Monday, November 27, 2006

MondayAgain??


So, here I sit back at the "w". Dang it! How come holidays go so fast and every day life is so slow. I had a great few days off. I managed to get some chores around the house finished. I am a very bad housekeeper. I have dust bunnies and dog hair in every corner and there is dust on all surfaces. I hate to clean and it shows. Now, with my cousin living there too I have less storage space for my junk. I need Neicey from Clean House to come and purge me. But she will only come if I live in the Los Angeles area. What Neicey, you think the only people needing a hand live in L.A.? I think not! I am hooked on Maimi Ink. I watched like 4 of them back to back last night. It amazes me the things people will tattoo on themselves. I have been a fan of body art since I first became a nurse. I ahve seen some pretty interesting tattoos in some pretty interesting places. Back when I first got out of nursing school the only people who had tatts were bikers, their women and servicemen. Now, everybody including me have one. And we all have them for differnt reasons. The majority of people who have them get them for a reason, I mean like to mark an event or memorialize someone. I know my little tattoo will keep being added to until I no longer feel the need to mourn and mark my friend's passing.
Enough of that though, back to the day at hand. I am still stuck in the office with the talking woman. She is not as chatty today. She has been given an assignment and I am trying to not listen as she talks her way through it. I have discovered that if I listen to her she will end up just standing back and letting me do the task. I have shown her how to do certain things but it's like she either doesn't get it or she figures she doesn't have to remember. She has no triage skills which is a must for really any nurse as far as I am concerned. I mean that is a huge part of this job is knowing how to direct the staff. If you are unsure or sound like you aren't really sure then it will show in the way you supervise the staff. Most home health nurses are fiercly independent anyway so if they are calling you then it is becasue they are not sure what to do . The last thing they want to hear is I don't know or even hear in your voice that you haven't a clue what to do. Oops now the boss is in here showing her what I showed her like 4 different times last week. It is funny because the big boss who is supposed to be training her is 1)not here 2) when she is here is too busy doing something else 3)she gets here at 11 am and leaves at 3pm 4) teaching method is piecemeal at best. Last week when she spoke to me she said she wanted to talk to me about my concerns. She felt the woman is up to speed with her taks and she asked me where I felt she needed direction. I told her as far as I could see she needed help with using the computer for all tasks like passing Dr. orders, writing a coordination note, how to look at staff schedules, how to page staff, how to email staff, how to look up a Dr. in the database. How to edit database... you get the picture. In other words, she knows nothing and this is her 4 th week here. She still lets her phone ring until they page her overhead to pick it up. WTF??That is enough bitching for now. Back to the grind.

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooh that woman sounds irritating.
I like Miami Ink too!
Some of the stuff they do is amazing:)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I generally keep my house pretty well straightened up, but I can NEVER win the battle with dust. It is amazing how much dust can accumulate in my house. I think it must be coming through the walls. :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Hey,thanks for checking the post..
Even my house becomes so dusty at times that my Mom really gets tired cleaning all day....
And my pets are there to make it all untidy,,hehehe

9:30 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Yea, she sounds bad. Like you, I wonder how time off flies by, but the other days last
f..o..r..e..v..e..r

9:48 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I tried to post a comment and I am not sure if it posted but before i retype it i am just gonna see if it comes through. Catch you later!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars