Friday, December 01, 2006

Ice Skating at the back door of HELL!



I just found out there is an ice rink on the roof of Whole Foods downtown. It will be open from now till mid January. For those of you who don't know Whole Foods was founded here in Austin. We have the mother of all Whole Foods Market. It is 3 stories tall with the corporate office on the third floor. The market itself is on the ground floor and the second floor is restaurants and bistros. I like to call it Whole paycheck Food Market!I can't ice skate. I used to be able to roller skate though. I was a carhop at Sonic. We wore roller skates and I made 50 cents/hr. Try hitting a cigarette butt with a loaded tray of food on roller skates! Yep, you got it...you go flying and she no fly!That's when all the car horns start honking! It will get you a lot of sympathy tips though!I am so glad it is Friday. I was planning on putting the tree up last night but it was so cold I had to concentrate on bringing in the plants and covering the ones I couldn't get in. My electricity went out last night about 1:30 am. I guess the high winds blew a line down or something so I was late for work but hey that's a good thing ,right? It is chiily here this morning at 37 degrees. And once again Dooley is reluctant to go outside to relieve himself but he did go out and now he is back in the house enjoying his cozy spot on the floor by the kitchen. The big dogs are outside. Osa loves the cold weather! I will take them for a walk when I get home this evening. My cousin and I are putting the tree up tonight for sure. I made the potato soup last night and of course it was delicious. I like having someone to cook for and my cousin is glad to eat it. Okay I gotta get back to work. I have been sitting herer looking busy but now people are starting to talk to me. Oh yeh, I forgot... use my skills!

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

yumm potato soup sounds soo good right now. :) Happy Friday!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jim Cooper said...

I am a whole foods junkie...one just opened up near here about 6 months ago...just love it....

8:49 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I'll bet you were the best damn carhop in Texas. :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love outdoor skating. It doesn't get cold enough, long enough here anymore to be able to do that. Someone there had a good idea.

10:13 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I love Whole Foods. We have two, with a third on the way here. So damn expensive though.

4:24 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I love ice-skating, although we have not done it for awhile now! Sounds really cold overthere! Hope you had a great weekend!

10:00 AM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Only in Texas could you find an outdoor skating rink on top of a grocery store..lol!
You peeps are all NUTS. Whacked. Skimpippered, and...., umm..well?? I guess I don't really have another made up word that can top "Skimpippered"....haha.

I bet you have some wild stories about car hopping too. There is no way in hell I could do that...not EVER. I am quite impressed *Wink*

I see your email in my inbox. I am afraid to open it. Ace is home sick and she is sitting right behind me. After reading the title, I think I will have to wait. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it's some hot Sweed, named Sven dancing on that pole..lmao!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger poody said...

LOL OH Spidey you crack me UP!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars