Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bummer I Thought it was Thursday!

This morning I came in to a busy office with the phones ringing. My nemesis as I call her now was in the office not at her desk talking to another office worker. I answered a phone call for a nurse and while I was on the phone heard 2 overhead pages for a nurse to pick up line 1 for a Dr call. My nemesis or from now on I will call her MN.(better than calling her a crackhead baby)Anyways, she strolls into our office and sits down. I hang up from my call and say did you get the Dr call.? her;no. me; did you not hear them page overhead 2 times for a nurse to pick up line 1 for a Dr? her;yes I heard it but I am not feeling well today. I just don't feel like doing all this.me; I quick pick up line 1 where yep, the dr. is still on hold!! OMG! Yesterday she was on the phone all morning talking to American Express about a late bill. She gets a call from a Dr. office;her;I don't have my screen open (says to me) me; well it is 945 am you better get it open. her to the phone ;hello this is --- well, I am but I don't have my computer up and running yet. I will have to research that and get back to you.I have had it people I just got off the phone with a disgruntled family member who is upset that she didn't get a call back from MN yesterday on her father. me; mr. -- fell out of bed last night and the daughter says she is calling 911. her; oh ok did you call the Dr. to let him know? me; no MN I am telling you. Does he live alone? her; I have no idea. Ya'll this is driving me fucking nuts!! I think I am getting an ulcer! My neck has been in spasm for over a week! I cry on the way home because I am so stressed. Hello, this should not be a stressful job! I just don't see her working out and they are going to keep training her and they will finally figure out she is not working out and then I will still be stuck with a buttload of work to do and no backup! I am sorry to bitch but well, not really because this is my blog and I can say what I want. I am not usually so negative but in all honesty, I do not like this woman. She has no accountabilty and we are going on the 7th week of her being here. For god's sake woman pick up the phone that is on your desk ringing right now!! Yes, I did just have to tell her that! YES!!!!!

Well, I just had a meeting with my boss and her boss and the expectation I am to have of MN is no expectations. I am to field all calls and take all referrals and write all orders and triage all calls myself. She is to be accountable for nothing until she feels comfortable. So, my expectation that she will come into the office in the morning and turn on her computer and answer calls from Dr. offices on pts. is wrong. Oh and she has not been here for 7 weeks. She has only been here 2 weeks. WTF?? How does the end of October become 2 weeks?? And here I thought I had already worked thru Thanksgiving. Wow, I have had the longest 2 weeks in my whole entire life.

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooh good christ this is just too much!
Hang in there,may be the death rays I have shooting out of my eyes towards that twit will have some effect and she'll perish before your very eyes.
I think it sucks that you tried to fix this time and time again and your bosses are so damn oblivious.
I'm sorry,you shouldn't have to deal with this crap:(

11:28 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

OMG - The exact same thing happened to me too, I also thought it was Thursday just about all day today!!!! Crickey that is a sign that it is time to go on holiday. Sorry bout all the crap going down at the office!!!!! I have had my fair share lately too!!!!

Take Care

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I hate co workers like that!!! She is a nurse? LOL You konda wonder how she made it through the program if she is as lazy as she sounds.

I hate this for you!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

She will never work out because she doesn't want to work out. Her whole approach to her job is to find out how much she can push the limits. This is a VERY self centered person. I have had to work with a couple of those in the past, so you really do have my sympathies.

I can't believe someone actually hired her. I guess she gives good interviews.

The funny thing is, if she took an interest in her work, she would probably enjoy her job a whole lot more. I guess she'll never figure that out.

4:26 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I love it Ms. L you called her a twit and that is so right. We did not hire her we aquired her in the buy out of the agency makes you realize why they went out of business. My whole thing is that after all the time they will soend teaching her she is not gonna work out anyway! So I will be left for an even extened period of time doing the work of 2 people. I am still at work at the time of this post waiting on my copy machine to finish up and it is 7:30 pm on Wed not Thirs. Damn the devil!!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars