Monday, December 11, 2006

Back for More


Ugghhh! I so hate Mondays!Back to the "w". At least the mouth is not in here with me. I don't think she has come in yet. I bought The Concert for Bangladesh over the weekend. I forgot how cool that album is. I have it on vinyl but I don't have a turntable. I have been steadily replacing my vinyl with CD format. That is not to say I am getting rid of any vinyl I just can actually listen to what I have now. I used to have anxiety dreams about the house catching fire and me trying to drag the albums out.LOL Forget any jewlery or heirlooms those are my treasures. I miss albums. You know the kind you ripped the cellophane of and opened up to read and look at the sleeve cover.I loved the way they smell and the pictures were big and beautiful. CDs do sound better and they are easier to manage but they will never be as fun to own as albums.When I was a kid I had a poster of jim Morrison with a bare chest and those trademark black leather pants and love beads around his neck. That poster hung over my head on the ceiling from the time I was 10 yrs. old to when ever it all came down. That poster came out of an album. The there was the Big Bambu rolling paper that came with the Cheech and Chong album and yep, we rolled it up too. It was a trip to pull it out and act like that was the norm for you.Actually back then it kind of was. Oh, to be a teenager again.(sigh)Some of the albums I have some of you have never heard of I bet. Like Mott the Hoople, Traffic,Tens Years After,Commander Cody,Strawberry Alarm Clock, Flying Burrito Brothers,Cream,Yardbirds,Spirit,Animals,Wishbone Ash,Dereck and the Dominos,Humble Pie, Uriah Heap, Mahogany Rush,Alan Parson's Project,Bad Company,to name a few. I know some of those are pretty popular but some not so much.How about you? Got any vinyl stashed away?

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

I had a poster of a bare-chested Jim Morrison too. I was in 8th grade I think and saw the movie the Doors and fell in love with the music. My mom thought I was nuts. I think because little black girls aren't supposed to have skinny white men on their walls.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

My parents hated the Door. I hated Lawrence Welk. Everything balanced out in the end.

MJ

5:26 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

I drew a portrait of that very poster...back in high school we used to listen to them during art class and think we were sooo cool. My Dad didn't like the Doors, he said it sounded like funeral music lol. I hope to inherit his collection though, he's got some Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kenny Rogers, Tom T. Hall, Boney M., all stuff we used to listen to in the basement when we were little. You're right, the smell is awesome!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I know most of those bands!
I don't have any albums but Durell does. Some of them are special additions or the first run of a cover that was banned. They're priceless to him too!

6:42 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Is the fun run banned cover of the Blind faith album by chance Lael?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars