Saturday, January 06, 2007

PARADE DAY

Well, I can't stay long because today is the day. I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. My friend Pam came in from Tulsa and we went to Trudy's for Mexican martinis. I got mine free- yeah birthday!Then when I got home I had a package in the living room. It was my new set of dishes! They are so beautiful! I will post pictures next week. The shower is at 3pm and the parade is at 5pm. The parade route will be down Congress Ave to the Continental Club where the Elvis tribute show will begin at 7 pm. Does it get any better than this people??
On another note my MOTHER came to visit night before last! I have lived here for 12 years and she has never been to my house. She has been in town plenty just never to my house. I got a call Thursady evening about 7:30 from my auntie and she said she and another auntie and my mom were on the way over as in 5 minutes away! They stayed about an hour. It was strange to say the least but she brought me new towels and a big laundry hamper. Did I mention I love the shower idea? I am a genius!!
I am taking the train to Dallas on Wednesday. It only costs $30 and takes 5 hrs. There is a dining car and a lounge! I can't wait. I have only ridden the train once before and I was a kid then. I am taking a nice book and I am going to buy one of those clip on tiny little MP3 players,load it up and ride the rails!
Okay, I gotta go get myself some big hair folks!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

I hope the shower is a blast, Poody! I got the invite and really wish I could have hopped on a plane to Texas! Happy Birthday!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have only been on a few train trips, but they are some of my best memories. Especially one I took up the Hudson river valley when the fall leaves were in full
color. Have lots of fun.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I wish I was there!! Have fun for me ok???

Happy birthday sis!!!!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Bo... said...

I love the train. I used to ride it back & forth from nursing school to my parents (east coast). Have fun in Dallas!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

What?!?!
A birthday and I missed it?
Sorry... I'm such a loser. :)

xoxox

7:13 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Woohoo, big Texas hair...take pictures of that too!

9:14 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Enjoy your train trip - sounds like fun!!! Happy Birthday, sorry I missed it!!!!! I have been so damn busy since I got back from holiday that this is the first real chance I am getting to blog!!!! Take Care and enjoy!!!!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

It sounds like you had an awesome B'Day!! Rock on Poody! Can't wait to see some pics. :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

oooh yay!
Happy Birthday!
I love train rides.
We used to ride a restored
steam engine as kids and one
of my favourite memories with
Durell,is the Starlight Dinner
Train we enjoyed together:)
You lucky duck!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars