Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hump Day

I love Wednesdays because it is the middle of the week and my girlfriends and I go out for cocktails after work. Nothing like a good margarita to get the juices flowing. One of the nurses here at work is trying to set me up with a fireman. Firemen are fine and all but they all smoke. I have never had a smoking boyfriend. I have gone out with smokers before but only once or twice. Smoking is a big thing for me. I do not like smelling like a cigarette and no way I like kissing a smoker. YUCK!!!!The talker is at it again! She is so passive aggressive it is unreal! I am trying so hard to be positive but so far I am only positive she is driving me crazy! She teased me a little this morning when she told me a Hospice outfit here in town is courting her for a DON position. Oh please let it be so! Maybe I am wrong there may be a God after all! LOL Poor dying people! No, she does have experience in Hospice. This here job I do is very stressful. It took me a while to become comfortable with it. I still struggle sometimes with complicated things and part of my job is to assist with billing as well. I hate that part of the job and am not very good at it as a result. I do not feel comfortable calling folks to talk about the bill. Like if they have signed up for a HMO medicare without realizing it. That sort of thing. There are so many scams out there and these old folks only hear how it will save them money but they are not told they will have a decrease in the benefits too. Some of them have even been signed up after refusing to be signed up. Seems they do not have to sign anything! What a headache! How about American Idol last night. I would never audition in a town like Memphis. I think they would hold you to a different standard than the folks in Minneapolis or Seattle. I think the same of an audition in say L.A or Austin where there are a lot of good singers. I know the girl who sang the spiritual last night was good and she got cut. She should have auditioned in Seattle!Damn President cutting into the show too. Can't he give his stupid speech on Sunday evening. I mean won't everyone be watching TV that night?

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooh have fun tonight!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Since I do pt billing I should SO come to work there and help with that!! Wish we were closer. I know what you are saying about those medicare HMOs, its like they are preying on old people! We have such a problem with that, people honestly dont realize what they have signed up for.

I went to the drugstore to pick up some of my drugs (not good ones LOL) and everyone in there was talking about how good Idol was last night! I felt out of the loop LOL. I guess I will start watching.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Have lots of fun.

I used to smoke more than three packs of cigarettes a day. I quit twenty five years ago, and still can't believe how easy it was for me. After the second week, I never ever thought about cigarettes again. I wish everything was that easy. Esspecially food. I have a really hard time controlling my appetite.

I can't believe I haven't seen American Idol yet this year. I love it but I always forget to watch it.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Maybe she'll take a different job... for her sake and your sanity!

AI was great last night. I loved the girl that said she wasn't a singer, but they could teach her. She was crazy~!

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars