Thursday, January 25, 2007

American Idol



I am addicted to this show ya'll. I love it so much. Last night was a good one. I have one question though. What is up with the men in New York City? They all had their eyebrows done! Here in the Lone Star state that would not go over that well.I can just hear it now "what the hell happened to your eyebrows Bubba? Get too close the firepit?"
The one lady who wanted to be the 1st contestant to be taught to sing was clinically nuts! She needed a ride to Bellvue! Can you say Lithium? I loved the guy dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz! (also with tweezed eyebrows)Then there was Ian I think was his name who said he was a superstar and they could ask his friend and therapists.
My poor cousin says she hates reality TV Oh my! Is she in for a rude awakening. My all time favorite show is of course AI but I also love Big Brother,Survivor, and The Amazing race!She told me she needs cable in her room!LOL
I am alone this morning because the talker has a Dr. appt. Her heart is beating erratically.Man if she drops dead I will feel so bad for slamming on her!I do try so hard to be nice. I do really!If it weren't for coming here to ventilate I might be tempted to be verbally mean to her but probably not. I am such a sucker. Like last night when the contestants cried I cry too. It upsets me to see someone cry. I used to not be like that. I mean I worked for almost 20 years in trauma units. But,something happened. I guess like a sponge I could absorb no more grief and misery. I have a scar on the inside of my mouth that I used to bite on whenever family members would start crying at the bedside. I could keep from crying if I bit it hard enough. But then even that couldn't do it for me. If they started to cry then me too.I had to get out. I miss it ever once in a while but I think about it for a little bit and I know I did the right thing. There are so many avenues of nursing out there available to me that I feel I can make a difference without being in that situation anymore. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. The sun is shining here!!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I missed AI again, but I saw a clip of that woman who couldn't sing. It was on the late late show.
I thought it was pretty funny.

Poody, you really are a sensitive person. Good for you.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I absorb emotions too,ugh.

I love BB,can't WAIT til it starts again!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

erratic heart huh? LOL

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars