Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fat Tuesday


Okay so I went to see my regular family type Dr last week for a physical. Well, when I got on the scale I was very bummed out. I am fatter than I have ever been in my life. So, I decided that I need to get moving. I have been taking my lunch so as not to eat junk food for lunch. I have been cooking healthy food at home too. But the problem is I need to exercise to get this blubber off. I belong to a gym, I mean they take money out of my checking account every month and I was going to swim. But, you can't free swim until after 7:30 pm. I have American Idol to watch people! So, I decide I will just go in and work out on some machine well, really just ride one of those stationary bikes for at least 20 minutes. So, I get in there and I sit on one of those bikes that has the pedals out in front. I start pedaling. My knee has a limited range of motion and every time it would flex it felt like a poker was stabbing it! I stayed on for 5 minutes and then got off and went to find something else to try. Every thing I looked at was either too low to the ground or something I couldn't do with the weak knee. I spotted a stationary bike with the pedals where they should be just a regular bike with a bit butt seat on it.Yeh! I went over and sat on it but the pedals were way up by my butt! I scooted back on the seat to see the pedals and tumped the whole thing backwards and fell off hitting the floor with a blam!I was so mortified! Now, folks usually I would get up laughing and go about my business but I had already spent the day with the Talker in my ear and I was already bummed and hurting after the 5 minutes on the other bike. I was once again that freaky 10 year old 5 foot 9 inch 130 lb. kid again that everybody made fun of! All I could think was keep it together and get out! I lumbered up off the floor and went to the locker room, grabbed my stuff and left! I got to my car and sat there bawling my eyes out! I felt so overwhelmed and helpless and like a big old loser! I know, I know, wallowing in self pity never got anyone anywhere but dang it I couldn't help myself!My phone rang and it was Jana who said "what are you doing?" "I am sitting in my car bawling!" "Why honey what is wrong?" I told her the story and she starts laughing. Then I start laughing! "So, what are you gonna do?" "I guess I will go back tomorrow and try the treadmill. Although I have never been on a treadmill before. Maybe I can stay on for 7 minutes before I fall off or break something!" "There ya go girl! They can't keep a fat girl down!" I felt better after that and went on home to take a shower and get ready for Idol. Jana called me later on that night and said she had told her husband Dale about my trip to the gym and he said "Not on Fat Tuesday!" I said Good day!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

OK, I've tagged you with a meme: 6 things about you that are weird, and a seventh that is a total fake. You put them in any order and then challenge your readers to find the fake.

10:20 PM  
Blogger poody said...

sweet!

6:51 AM  
Blogger S* said...

Aw, Poody. You get back in there and do it. I'm surprised the bike bothered your knee. When I had physical therapy they made me warm up on the bike cuz it's easier on the knee than the treadmill. Do you have a brace to wear?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars