Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Sign of Things to Come

I am still upset about the whole office situation. But more than that I think I am just not happy in this position. I should have gotten an evaluation and a raise back in August. They ended up doing the evaluation right before Christmas and it was a bad eval. I was overwhelmed with the amount of work I had to do after the buy out of the other agency. I was working every day from 8am to 7-8 pm. I was telling them verbally and e-mail asking for relief. I was told that I was not a team player and that I was mean to the talker and that I was not to expect anything from her because after being here since the middle of October she was still having problems with the simplest of tasks.I was told that basically they would come back in March to re-evaluate my position and I would be told if I still had this position or not. Well, it is 3/30/07 and no evaluation other than the on site one done this week on the both of us where she told the talker she was doing good and completing her tasks on time. NOT!!! Then this morning I get a call from my good friend who works for a Dr here in town. We see one of their patients. She is seeing the Dr today and had lab work drawn last Friday. The nurse drew the lab and took the lab to the lab drop off station but the lab has no results. They say they never got the specimen. This is a bad thing because the patient is at the Dr. office and there is no lab to compare to the last time she was seen. It makes my company look bad. It puts my friend in a bad position because where if she wasn't my friend she could just say to hell with that, this company sucks and we will not refer to them anymore. But she can't do that because of me. I take this as another sign for me to get out of the office. I want to be responsible for what I do no one else. I do not want to be the one people call up to bitch to anymore. I was listing the pro and cons of working in the field and working in the office. Here is what I came up with so far;
office
leave the house at 7:10 am get to work by 8am
may or may not get an hour lunch break(usually work thru it)]
off at 5pm but more than not I stay until 6-7pm to catch up
on call every 4 weeks without pay for administrative call
can work my screen from home (before and after hours and weekends)
salaried no overtime for working after hours or from home
sedentary job
drive time home to go 14 miles=50-70 minutes
can do visits on the weekend for extra money

field
make your own hours never having to drive in rush hour traffic since the area I cover would be my side of town and nobody wants to be seen before 9am anyways.
off before 5pm most times by 3pm
on call every 8 weeks with pay
paid a salary but have to meet productivity then when met every visit after that is a fee paid visit meaning extra money to make while on regular hours
mileage paid at 41 cents a mile
never have to work from home on the computer
not a sedentary job. out in the world in the fresh air.
NO TALKER
deal with one person at a time.
hands on patient care which I LOVE!!!
when the day is done it is done nobody calling you to follow up on anything
no more working weekends to make extra money see above


In my mind I am already back in the field

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

So why the hell you still there????

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

wow, I just read what they did to you! IT sucks!! You shouldnt have to be pushed out like that. But if the feild is better then go do it. WE are having problems with our office talker too. No one wants to sit bedide her.

2:08 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Poods - I am almost ready to leave for holiday and am making my rounds to wish everyone a Happy Easter - HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

Take Care

2:19 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

If you do go into the field,it wouldn't showk me if the talker gets better just because she knows she has to.

I hope you have a great weekend.

6:41 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Follow your heart and be where you want to be.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohh for sure,a change sounds great!!
Do it..doooo it:)
It'll get you away from all that nasty stress!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars