Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday Monday

Well, back to work for us all after a cold and wet weekend.I worked this weekend and it was miserable weather on Saturday for sure. I never saw the sun once and it was sleeting in the afternoon and then again that night! Sunday was not much better but at least the rain abated. It was still chilly at 37 degrees!Texas weather, ya gotta love it. My cousin in Dallas says it snowed there! So much for your Easter spring clothes!
Today is nice because the talker is out of the office. She is having car trouble. I mean, I didn't know you could take the day off if your car is on the fritz but, hey, whatever gets her the hell out of here for a day is all good with me! Thursday and Friday we had a head on collision in this little office. I was on the phone Thursday afternoon with a client and the phone was ringing off the hook as usual. I was already engaged in conversation so when the phone kept ringing an overhead page went out for a nurse to pick up on line 1. I kept talking but noticed she had not picked up the phone. I put my call on hold and asked the talker to pick up on line 1. She said she was too busy and I said "well, they are asking for a nurse and I am already on a call." She said "well, it is not ringing on my phone" I said "no, but it is blinking and you can pick it up" She sighed her sigh and then picked it up and hung it up before saying a word "They hung up" she shouted at me from the other side of the partition. The call came back and again they overhead paged for a nurse and she reluctantly picked it up. I finished the call with the client and was making a follow up call to the social worker on the same client. She starts hollering at me from the other side of the "wall" about the phone call and I said"I'm still engaged over here can you just handle it?" She sighed and said "well, I am very busy" I said " you know L. I am busy too and I know not to expect much from you ,but, just once do you think you could step up to the plate and be a team player?" Well, that pissed her off and she didn't say anything else to me.
The next morning, Friday, I am looking at the e-mails and there is one in there from her to me and the scheduler,B. It says the client called and said her dressings fell off her leg and needs a nurse to come redress the wound. The e-mail said she didn't know how to see who had seen the pt.so she could not send the nurse back out there. B goes to her and says" L., let me show you how you can look and see what nurse is seeing what pt. or anything in workflow on the computer" L. said " no, I don't want to know how to do that!" B said" no you need to know this and I am going to show you right quick" L. shouts at her"no, I am too busy and I don't want to know how to do it" I told B. " just leave her alone! She said she doesn't want to learn B. I will take care of it with you" L. hollers at me " I did not say that and I don't appreciate you saying that." I said"L. you just said no, I don't want to learn that and I told her to leave you alone! Do not raise your voice to me again!" She started to say something else and I put my hand up and said" I said, DO NOT TALK TO ME!!If you have something to say take it to the boss" (BITCH!) Well, that shut her up! I went into see the pscho boss and she told me I was wrong to make the comment to her about stepping up to the plate. This is a supervisor comment and I am not her supervisor. I told her I had gone from being excited about having some help to dissappointment at the help it was to pity for her because she is so old and slow to disgust because she has no accountability. I asked her how long she planned on letting her be a guest here. She told me not much longer. I have no idea what this means but I also said I was ready to go back out into the field and she told me no not now. I don't know if she talked to L. after this or not.I only know I am so glad to be without her irritating presence today. But now I have to go out to the lake area to take care of a problem on one of her patients. Oh well, can't have everything!

--------------------oOo--------------------

13 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I wonder what "Not very long" means? Sounds promising.

7:34 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Yeah...keeping my fingers cross that "not very long" means really soon.

7:40 AM  
Blogger S* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Crushed said...

Fascinating insight in to the subtle differences in office life on your side of the pond.
The situation regarding your reprimand for you remark could not have happened here.

I think we are a lo esier with our colleagues than you seem to be over there.
But then we tend to drink wih our colleagues after work, which I don't think you do so much over there.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

We have been having snow here too! The weather sucks! LOL

Glad you had some peace yesterday.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

The weather has been crazy here too.

I hope the "not very long" thing means soon she will be gone!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jail Byrde said...

"Not very long", in my experience, means "three strikes you're out" PLUS "as soon as we can find a body to keep her chair warm during the day" - which invariably means, "longer than you think".

What I really don't understand is how the boss said that your comment was a "supervisor comment". How is that? I've never worked in a place where you couldn't tell someone to 'step up', if their work was dragging the team down.

It shouldn't HAVE to come from you. But since they're aware of the situation and not doing much about it, I'm shocked that they're dismayed. They dropped the ball. I can only see the scolding they gave you as an acknowledgement of that.

Next time tell them, "I wouldn't have to say something if you did."

Should shut them up. Or get you fired. Or get her promoted. Whatever.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Hey, you're right over there!

And, yes, weather sucks here too.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

37 Fahrenheit? That's 3 Celcius. Ouch. That's freeeezing. It's still unbelievably warm down here, 29C/84F yesterday.

As for Sundays sunburn, it's all gone now. Just the peeling skin looks a wee bit crusty.

I can buy each season of Scrubs now for $19 so I'll be paying JB a visit tomorrow and look once again for a treat for you.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Crushed said...

In answer to your query; Birmingham. The real one, not the Alabama one.
Thought your name sounded interesting. You are on the blogroll at Sanity Optional and I like to explore...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

L sure has some issues, doesn't she..... I wonder what will happen. I will be sure to tune in ..same time ... same batchannel ....
37 degrees? ....BRRRRRRRR

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooooh sounds like things might work out for ya!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh God I would punch her in her ovaries!!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars