Thursday, April 05, 2007

Off the Hook

Okay so I have been having TV trauma in that the cable is messing up on a daily basis. It started last week after a particularly nasty thunderstorm. The picture degrades then the screen goes to black. I called to report the problem last week and they sent a technician out to fix the problem. The only thing is that the next morning when we woke up the cable was back on. The guy came out the next morning and changed out the DVR box and checked the cable lines in the living room and my bedroom. Great! Then on Saturday night around 8:30pm the same thing happens. The picture goes to breaking up and then bam black screen. I went in my bedroom to check the cable in there and it was snowy with poor reception. Kind of like living in the country with a really bad antennae. The next morning I wake up and the cable is alright again. Just a fluke? Now worries. But wait, then on Monday night the same thing happens around 8:30 pm.I called the cable people who tell me I have to wait until next Tuesday to have someone come out. This is infuriating to me because they want you to wait around for hours and the problem seems to be happening in the evening anyways so why send someone out next week in the morning for a problem that keeps happening in the evening. I was not a happy camper to say the least. So, last night I get home and the cable is back on again and then right before AI comes on it starts up again. Oh hell no it didn't!I get on the phone and call the technician again to report this problem and to see if someone can come out before next Tuesday, I think what I said was if that is the case then just turn the damn thing off and reimburse me for this past week of cable. I pay over $110 a month for cable so they are not looking to losing me. Long story short I have someone coming out tomorrow evening after 5pm. They will call me 30 minutes before they get to the house. They told me to try to get home as soon as I can!LOL Oh okay I will!Cool, so now I am on roll and my phone sounds like I am talking to you on a shoestring tied to 2 cans! I got a voice mail on my answering machine from a friend in Australia and the reception was so bad I could not understand a word he said. I didn't even know it was him until he told me! A call all the way from Australia! I swear it is like I live in Dogpatch!So, I have both the phone company and the cable company coming out Friday evening to hook me up!So, you would think no more problems right? Well, this morning I went to get on line at the house and no internet connection! For Pete's sake people! I do live in Dogpatch! And yes, I did pay the bills! Damn the devil!

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I sometimes have trouble understanding people from Australia too. I think in my case it's the accent.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jail Byrde said...

Oh I feel for you... bad phone, no internet. I can't say anything about our cable company, because I haven't connected cable to the bedroom, which for some reason is the only place I watch TV.

But yeah - I feel for ya bigtime. Good luck.

BTW ... Gary ... I had that problem too. It helps if you close your eyes while they're speaking, until you're used to it. ;)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars