Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quit Hatin'

So, did anyone else see where Miss USA was booed at the Miss Universe Pageant? It was held in Mexico and they booed her. I guess because of the fact that she was from USA. But hello, she is an individual and probably not too political at that. And here is another thing, if you hate the US so much then quit trying to sneak into the country! Again with the hate we get from the very people we offer support to.Ever hear that old saying don't bite the hand that feeds you? I am so sure if the US were to ever impose an embargo on Mexico they would not fare well.Hey, I hate the current government and the foreign policy as much as the next person but I also hate the government in Mexico. It is corrupt and misogynous at best. The people live in abject poverty while the country is home to some of the world's most vast resources.And of course, it is another country whose policies are set in place with the direction of religion. This time Catholicism is the culprit. I say fine you hate us,we get it! But, who do you turn to when you need something? That's right! The good old US of A that's who! Now, get out there and get to work!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

I caught the end of the show and I wasn't surprised that they booed Miss USA. I think most of the world hates us. Did you hear her say "mucho gracias" twice? She should have been booed for that! At least get it right if you're gonna say it. LOL.

Did Miss Japan not look like a deer caught in the headlights?

1:17 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Yes she did S and did you see Miss USA slip and fall on her tush?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I missed the trip bit. But I wish that people would just be nice and tolerant. No hang on, that's not good enough.. we need acceptance of cultures and beliefs... but we're human.. arrogant and opinionated, so THAT'S not likely to happen.......

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars