Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Post Holiday Syndrome

I hate coming back to work after a holiday! It feels strange as if I am missing something. My partner, the talker has not shown up for work this morning. No one including the administrator has heard from her. My pscho boss is on vacation so she could have called off to her and we will never know about it. That means more work for me, hooray!!!

My friend,Connie who came down with her puppy spent the weekend with me. We called the vet yesterday morning and the puppy didn't make it. My friend is devastated to say the least. She cried and cried and I feel so bad about the whole thing. I feel responsible because I did talk her into getting the puppy.Now her heart is broken and it is all my fault! Some friend I turn out to be! I had written her a check for $500 to help with the vet bill if needed. She siad she was going to tear it up but I told her to cash it and put the money in the bank and forget about it. That way when she does find a puppy she loves she will have the money to buy it! She called me when she got home last nioght and saw all the pupppy stuff around her apartment. She was bawling like crazy and so was I. I am cried out today.

The weather has been crappy too. It rained all weekend and today is gloomy as well. I hate these kind of days! I did manage to get my house cleaned up this weekend. I scrubbed the living room, my bedroom, and my bathroom. No more dog smell! Well, not as doggy I guess! I still manage to wear dog hair on all my clothes!Hey, that's how I roll folks! Love me love my dogs!

Ok now the ADD assistant administrator is here and she is real good about delegating even more work to me!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oh no,I'm so sorry about the pup. How devestating:(


I'm the same way with my pets Poody
AND I love people like us all the more because of how relaxed we are about them. What's a couple million pounds of dog hair??;p

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Honey I am the queen of dog hair LOL!!

I am so sorry about the puppy, its so sad! Did the vet ever say what caused the sickness? So so sad.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Your poor gorgeous friend. You are marvellous to be by her side. Don't blame yourself okay!!
Take each task at work one at a time :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I'm so sorry, Poody. But parvo is very difficult to treat and cure. Most puppies don't have a strong enough immune system to cope.

But Poody, you are a wonderful friend <3

6:05 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Parvo Mel

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars