Thursday, May 24, 2007

Meme/American Idol

Okay so I always meet up with a couple of "clits" on Wednesdays after work for margaritas and dinner. I had set up the DVR to record the 2 hour finale of American Idol. I got home around 7:45 and started watching it from the beginning. It was really a good show. I love Smokey Robinson and Gladys Knight! Plus Green Day is one of my favorite bands and they did a good job of Working Class Hero. I was also surprised by the performance Carrie Underwood did with the Pretenders song. Anyway, I am sitting there watching and having a good time. Ryan Seacrest is standing there with the 2 finalists and he says "and now the time you have all been waiting for" and it cut off! AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!Damn the devil!I watched the whole thing only to have the dang thing cut off at 9pm but the show ran over! I was so bummed! I immediately switched over to the Lost I was recording and made sure to record the news that came on after it so as not to miss any bits in case they went over too! But, have no fear I did hear that Jordan won. Yeh, Jordan!


Now for Bo the road nurse:
8 things you don't know about me.

1)I have one blue eye and one green eye. Really it is more like one eye is blue and other eye has a freckle on the iris which makes it look green but if I wear something blue it will change colors and be kind of turquoise color. Weird,huh?

2)My nickname, Poody, was given to me by my Grandaddy.He never used my given name unless I was in trouble.When I graduated nursing school he used my given name to tell me how proud he was of me and I asked him why he used my given name and he told me because I was a grown woman now. I asked him to not use it and continue to call me Poody. It just sounded wrong to me. No one calls me Poody anymore. Just all of y'all!

3)I was a regular little cowgirl growing up. I was raised on a ranch and had my own horse,Snipper. He was a painted pony black and white and I loved him like crazy!I would go to play days where you could compete against other kids in different events kind of like they do in rodeos. I had red cowboy boots and wore a straw hat!I had my own saddle and tack too!

4)I read at least 3 books at once. Right now, I have a book I read in the bathroom(library),one I read in bed before going to sleep, and one I read in the car or whenever I am somewhere I have to wait on something.

5)I see auoras around people. I do not see different colors like some people do, I just see a shining around the whole body especially the head. The brighter the glow the better the person. I have only met 3 people in my life that didn't have a glow to them.All 3 of these people turned out to be wicked bad people.

6)I used to bowl when I was younger. I started when I was a kid in the bantam leagues and continued to bowl into my 20's. I haven't bowled now in about 5yrs. and even then I sucked at it. Which is strange because when I was younger I carried a 175 average. My bowling ball was purple.

7)I have a family of finches that come back every year to the same hanging planter to build a nest. The hanging planter is always in the same place and after they fly away I repot it with some ivy and keep it going all summer and winter so when they come back there is a plant to cover the nest. This year, I would come home and see the little fledglings hopping around on the porch trying to get off the ground.

8)I will cry if someone else is crying. I can't help it and it didn't used to be that way. I worked for a long time in the ICU and believe me I have seen some sad things and been with people who were crying. I would always just bite the inside of my cheek and not cry. But, after the death of my Grandmother, I was unable to bear any more grief and heartache.That is why I started doing home health nursing. I was like a sponge and I had absorbed all I could of misery either my own or others. To this day if you are crying then so am I. TV shows or movies kill me sometimes.

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

#8 - I have been the same way since my sister died. I even cried at a commercial recently, then called myself a wuss.

#5 - Can you only see them in pictures?

#4 - I use to read 3 books at a time. Now it takes me a month to get through 1! I also call the bathroom the library. Mostly because my husband collects books there.

#2 - At least your Grandad gave you the choice. :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Crushed said...

David Bowie has eyes of different colours.
He got a compass in his eye in a playground fught and t turned one brown.
Completely true.

I relate to you for reading several books at once.

I can see the books on my bedside table from here. There are five. All being read simultaneaously.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

This is really cool!
I like the way your eyes are,it's totally unique and I adore the details of your nickname:)

I wish I could see auras!
I feel waves come off people and judge them based on how the waves make me feel because I seem to absorb emotions too. Good or bad.
Why are we able to do that???
It sure if FUN living with a hubby prone to depression,lol

12:59 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Lynda I see them only in person. I cannot see them in pictures. If so then anyone could see them too. My Grandmother told me it was a gift to be used for gaging the worth of a person. She could see them in color!
Crushed I knew that about Bowie because I wondered about the pupil being blown like that!
Leal I would much rather have our gifts than the gift of seeing or hearing the dead!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I have to read a few books at a time too, but that's cos my attention span is so fucking short!!

I hear ya on the DVD thing. That has happened to me so many times, so I always record for longer now. So many shoes regularly go over.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

You're an interesting girl, Poody. And that's exactly what you'll always be to me..Poody.


We've always had books in our (bathroom) library. Especially "The Reader's Digest". I've done some of my best learning in there. I have a friend who is absolutely horrified by it....

Actually, I live in Australia, Poody, not the UK, so it just goes to show how bad the medical system is all over the world...... And your pick-up truck, or as we call them 'utes', which is short for utility vehicle, was invented right here in the land down under, or so Beloved tells me...

Darn, now I know who wins the next series of "IDOL"....I'll have to stop reading your blog...Nah, I'll just watch it anyway... ;0)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thats so cool that you can see auras! I wish I could.

I usually read at least 2 books at once, sometimes more

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars