Friday, May 25, 2007

Asking for Your Prayers

My good friend Connie who came down to visit last weekend and left with the cutest weenie dog puppy ever called me this morning in tears saying the little girl is sick. She is only 7weeks old and she has been throwing up and pooping all night. She told me she saw some streaks of blood in the stool this morning and I told her to get the dog to the vet STAT! She is going as I type this. She is so in love with her and I know how scared and sad I would be if anything happened to any of my babies! I am asking you to say a prayer for the little girl,Zoey.It is so hard to tell what is going on with animals sometimes. I think puppies are like third world babies, some make it ans some do not. Thanks y'all and I hope everyone has a great holiday.


***update she has Parvo and she brought her back to Austin and she and the friend of mine she got the puppy from took her to the vet here***

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww no,poor little girl!
I'll be thinking of both
of them~

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

OH NO let us know how she is ok??

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, how sad. I hope it is just some puppy thing. When Nikki was a pup, she got a hold of some egg shells, and ended up with saminella. I was scared, but at least it was an easy fix!

I hope its an easy fix for Zoey too!

12:58 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Parvo is incredibly infectious. So any dog that has been in contact with it and hasn't had its shots needs to be monitored very closely.

The dead giveaway is the smell of the poop. Its quite different and anybody who works with animals will be able to pick a parvo dog a mile away based on the smell alone.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh noes, thinking of her and her puppy, i will go hugg Bondi now..

11:55 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

As I was reading, Poody, I became very concerned that this lovely little girl has parvo... and then I read your update.

As phishez_rule says, parvo is incredibly infectious, and it can even live in the soil, laying dormant until there is some rain, followed by some nice, humid conditions.. That horrible grey-green, watery poop is unforgettable, as is the smell.

I worked as the caretaker in the local animal shelter shelter, and everytime a dog came in or we suspected that parvo was presented, we went to huge measures to clean up the whole place. We used a glutaraldehyde-based cleaner, and I would dress up in a gas mask, full coveralls and gumboots, with elbow length gloves. I would still be sick for days afterwards from the exposure to these chemicals.

Lots of love and healing light to your friend's puppy, Poody. And I sincerely hope that no others end up sick either....

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars