Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Opps It's Tuesday Again!


Hopefully this tuesday will be uneventful. I am just plugging away here at work. I am on terminal hold with the medicare office so I thought I could clean up my desk, fax a few documents and then blogg for a while. The wheels of government turn very slowly. I have already had my ass chewed out by a family member of a pt. Seems the lab has not sent the results of some blood work the nurse drew last week. Now it is a problem but am I to blame for the lab's mistake? Apparently I am! Because I cetainly heard all about my flaws as a nurse this morning. I have no compassion, good sense, or the ability to carry on a conversation with someone without patronizing. Okay...and there you have folks the glamourous world of a nurse. We are the whipping boys for the medical world. And in the real world where you aren't insulated by visiting hours,ancillary staff, or intimidating surroundings you get it from the family,neighbors, clinics,Dr. offices,and road raging soccer moms!I just keep saying to myself"I love my work,I love my job" Hey, whatever gets you through the day is what I say!It still beats the pants off of working the night shift in trauma on a hot summer weekend! When I can't remember the effects of Lactulose on a hepatic patient then I may consider going back into the hospital. Yeh, right!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I have come to define sucess in my life in a way that pleases me very much. Somehow I am very secure of myself no matter what any other one person is saying or thinking about me. I really never thought I would ever come close to being like that. It works both ways, though. If someone gives me a huge compliment, I take with a big grain of salt. I know I have lots of faults, and I like myself anyway. I guess I'm just easily pleased.

Hope you are doing well today.

4:24 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

I am sorry you were the target of a verbal bashing.
Behind every good Dr. is a outstanding nurse.
Just try to get through the day, Poodster.
Get wacky on the spicey junk if ya have too.
Do what ever it takes!

Huggerzzzz!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You're a nurse?
Hats off to you. I don't know how you do it.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Nurses rule. Tuesdays suck.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww,I would never yell at you.
I'm a good patient,lol

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars