Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Brand New Life

I have been living alone now for 1 year. I haven't really thought about it that way. It has all been I have been alone and broken hearted for a whole year. Wah! But today, I am seeing it differently. I see it as a good thing. One whole year to myself. No one to worry about or make plans with. No one to ruin the plans I have already made. I find that I am liking it better than I first thought. I mean, for one thing, when I first wake up I can lay in bed and fart. Now, I know that is not something you generally think about but, it is a liberating feeling. Dooley is not bothered by it, in fact, most days he sees it as wake up call. As soon as he hears me fart, he is up and licking my face. Of course, it could be he was blown up to my head and is just thankful to be alive after that stinker!In other news, my boss has decided that she is taking Friday off. Now, normally I would be jumping for joy except that I had asked for friday off about 6 weeks ago. That is how long my kitchen cabinets have been sitting in my garage. I had to wait to get them installed because she wouldn't let me off when they first came in. Now she tells me i have to work my screen from home. That is not possible as where the connection to the computer is where the cabinets are being installed. She is like well, just get an extension cord and run it into your bedroom.Yeh, I am sure that will work for the guys. Anyway, I called the cabinet guy last night and he first off said dang that woman is a bitch huh? So,he tells me the next time he has for installing theses cabinets is the end of November. No way am I waiting till then.She had said yesterday that her boss told her to tell me that I couldn't have the day off.Keep in mind I asked for this day off over 6 weeks ago. She in the meantime has decided to move her parents from wherever the fuck they are to Texas this very weekend! Go figure. Apparently her days off trump my days off. Oh and did I mention she told me she is off from the 15th of december to the 3rd of january. Well, Merry fucking Christmas to me! She also said she is going to be out of town over the Thanksgiving holidays. So, basically, I am shit out of luck for getting any holiday time off. Good thing I decided to do away with Christmas huh? Gotta go to morning meeting to see what else she has deemed noteworthy today.

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

Awww, that's just bitchy!

(nice shiny new blog, by the way!)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

If I were in Austin, Poody,I would give that beotch a piece of my mind for you. It's a good thing I'm not, though, because I have so little of it left. :)

So now you are starting to like living alone? You've come a long way, baby.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Little Blue Petal said...

It seems to me, you are being called to make some BIG life changes!
I agree with what you said about living alone. I have been living without a lover for a long while and I love it! I trust that the right person will appear in my life at the right moment and I will be well-practised in being a grounded, confident and independant person when that happens.
And anyway-- who wants to end up with a partner that has a problem with letting you have a good fart LOL! You just need to find a human-version of the lovely Dooley ;-)

LBPx

12:24 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Oh yes, bedfarts.
They are almost better than Walmart isle farts.

Thanks for the visual...poor DOOLEY!!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

I still look fondly on my single days of living alone, answering to NO one, coming and going as I please, peeing with the bathroom door open--oh, wait. I still do that *ahem*, having the computer all to myself, letting raging leg lifting ear curdling morning farts with no apologies, and spending quiet evenings with my cat and dwarf hamster.
It's good to see your attitude lift up a bit, Poodster.
It's times like these that *magic* happens. Keep your eyes peeled ;)

2:34 PM  
Blogger BD said...

It's an odd process...

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars