Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Passion

The other day I was listening to the radio on the way home and they were asking people to call in and tell them what their passion was. One lady called and said she loves to ride her horse and spends all her free time with the horse and other people with the same interests Another person called in to say they loved rock climbing and so on. I have been thinking about this and trying to figure out what my passion is. At first I thought it was food and believe me I do love food with a passion but it is not my passion. Then it hit me, my passion I mean. My passion is music. I love the sound of it. I love all kinds of music from metal to opera, I love it. I love live music,recorded on Cd or tape or albums. I know when the new albums are coming out or when the artist is coming to town. I have taken vacations based on SXSW or ACL fest. I love to hear the words and the power of them. I love a deep bass line or a 4 quarter bass.I love the lead guitars that speak to you of love,loss,anger,betrayal,and hope. I love the back beat of the drums or the sweet sound of the trombone. I love the singer's who wail out a song or the ones who have to scream their message to you or the soft sultry voices of women who have been wronged as well as the hot buttery sound of the male vocalist who can seduce you with his words. I once met a man who told me he didn't have time to listen to music. How can that be? Who doesn't have time for music? I mean you may not like the music I listen to but there has to be some music that can stir your soul. I feel sorry for them and think about how music is so intertwined with my life. Name a song and I will automatically remember the time associated with that song. Like for example the song by Elton John My Song for You reminds me of 9th grade in Mr McGuire's class and the big crush I had on Richard Seals. Or Kashmir by Led Zeppelin reminds me of the first time I ever had an orgasm or even knew I could have one! Nine Inch Nails Head Like a Hole reminds of a shitty job I once had where everybody was fucked up and I would get in my car and play that album and scream the words along with Trent.The Eagles Desperado reminds of when I was in nursing school and since it was one of the few songs I knew all the words to would sing it to the newborn babies.Or Bob Seger's album Night Moves reminds me of when I lived way out in the country with 4 other roommates in a huge old farmhouse and would have parties that lasted days!Well, you see where I am going with this. To this day if I get some crappy song stuck in my head like Zombie or the Flagpole Sitter I can start thinking about Crazy train By Ozzie and shove the bad song out of my mind. I know what my passion is and even though I personally can't sing worth a damn or play any musical instrument it is and will forever be MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

When I have my baby will you come sing Desperado to it?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Mmmm,I love Night Moves :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I sure will Linda LOL and Mrs L I know every word to that album by heart!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I really admire how much you like music. I have to admit that I don't have the passion for music that you do. But I do enjoy it very much. I am like you in that I enjoy many types of music. My favorite is probably either blues or classic rock, but I also really like jazz, gospel, and bluegress, as well as several kinds of latin music. Lately I have been listening to classical, especially Beethoven, Tchaikovsyky and Schubert.

By the way, I love that profile photo.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars