Wednesday, October 04, 2006

7 Songs I'm Listening to Right Now

Porcelain


Better Than Ezra


Hey, you've got a lot of nerve to show your face around here.
Hey, you've got a lot of nerve to dredge up all my fears.
Well, I wish I could shake some sense into you and walk out the door.

[To Chorus:]
But your skin is like porcelain.
Yeah, your skin is like porcelain.

Just the other day I felt I had you by a string.
Just the other day I felt we could be everything.
But now when I see you, you're somebody else.
In somebody's eyes and your skin...


But your skin is like porcelain.
Yeah, your skin is like porcelain.


I don't know what I'm saying.
Well, I don't know if you're there.
In the words you are feigning.
Do you even care?

Well I wish I could kill you,
savor the sight.
Get in to my car, drive into the night.
Then lie as I scream to the heavens above.
That I was the last one you ever loved.
Yes, your skin is like porcelain.


But your skin is like porcelain.
Yeah, your skin is like porcelain.




I Am The Highway


Audioslave

Pearls of swine bereft of me
Long and weary my road has been
I was lost in the cities
Alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity for the leaving I feel


I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky

Friends and liars don't wait for me
I'll get on all by myself
I put millions of miles
Under my heels
And still too close to you
I feel


I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky
I am not your blowing wind
I am the lightening
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night





Recovering The Satellites


Counting Crows


Gonna get back to basics
Guess I'll start it up again
I'm falling' from the ceiling
You're falling from the sky now and then
Maybe you were shot down in pieces
Maybe I slipped in between
But we were gonna be the wildest people they ever hoped to see
Just you and me
So why'd you come home to this sleepless town
It's a lifetime commitment
Recovering the satellites
All anybody really wants to know is...
When you gonna come down
Your mother recognizes all you're desperate displays
And she watches as her babies drift violently away
'Til they see themselves in telescopes
Do you see yourself in me?
We're such crazy babies, little monkey
We're so fucked up, you and me
So why'd you come home to this faithless town
Where we make a lifetime commitment
To recovering the satellites
And all anybody really wants to know is...
When are you gonna come down
She sees shooting stars and comet tails
She's got heaven in her eyes
She says I don't need to be an angel
But I'm nothing if I'm not this high
But we only stay in orbit
For a moment of time
And then you're everybody's satellite
I wish that you were mine
So why'd you come home to this angels town
It's a lifetime decision
Recovering the satellites
Everybody really knows for sure...
That you're gonna come down
That you're gonna come down



The World I Know



Collective Soul


Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all the kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on.
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why.

Are we listening
To hymns of offering?
Have we eyes to see
That love is gathering?
All the words that I've been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding
Into one.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
As the tears roll down.
'Cause it's the world I know.
It's the world I know.




Now that It's Over!


Everclear




Yeah right! (One, two, three, four.) Break down and shake for me. Nothing ever ends the way you want it to be. Nothing even tastes right now that it's over. Break down and shake for me. Don't write words unless you want me to read them. Nothing really matters now that it's over. Maybe we can be friends now that we're older. We can have fun like we did in the early days, now that it's over. Yeah right! Break down and shake for me. Nothing ever seems the way it ought to be. Nothing ever seems right now that it's over. Yeah, now maybe we can be friends. Maybe we can be closer. We can have fun like we did in the old days now that it's over. Oh yeah... My bad dreams just don't seem the same, baby, without you. Oh, I wish you were willing to accept the blame, yeah, for everything you do. My nightmares just don't scare me now, baby, without you. I wish that I could find the words to tell in the best way possible... you and your friends to go to hell. Yeah right! Whoa... Break up time is never easy to do. Nothing ever ends the way you want it to. Nothing seems to make sense now that it's over. Yeah, now maybe we can be friends. Yeah, now that you're leaving. You can be nice to me, maybe I'm dreaming. I am a lot better now than just okay. Maybe I am just waking up in my own way now that it's over. Now that it's over. My bad dreams just don't seem the same, baby, without you. I wish you were willing to accept the blame, yeah, for all the shitty things you do. Nightmares just don't scare me now, baby, without you. I wish that I could find the words to tell you to politely go fuck yourself. Yeah, now that it's over. Now that it's over... ("Congratulations, a fetishist and an obsessive. You will be very happy together.")



Technicolor Lover


New Radicals


She came from a world that is so far out
Roller skating into my life I never had no doubt
She asked where to get that velvet colored hair
I said I got lot's more somewhere
If you touch my big
And she said I come from a world that is so far out
And I said so do I
And she may not be the worlds solution
But shes a world class revolution

Technicolor lover
Rate my heart
Technicolor lover
Sate my heart
Technicolor lover
Take my heart...now

lather, rinse, [repeat]



Interstate Love Song


Stone Temple Pilots


waiting on a Sunday afternoon
for what I read between the lines,
your lies.
feelin' like a hand in rusted shame
so do you laugh or does it cry?
reply?

leavin' on a southern train
only yesterday you lied,
promises of what I seemed to be
only watched the time go by,
all of these things you said to me.

breathing is the hardest thing
to do. with all I've said and
all that's dead for you,
you lied - good bye

leavin' on a southern train
only yesterday you lied
promises of what I seemed to be
only watched the time go by,
all of these things I said to you.

Tag, You're it!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

poreclain is one of my favorite all time songs.

2:47 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Me to Mel, I love it too!
It is such a pretty song and then you start listening to the lyrics and it's like dude... but I love the line about killing her and driving into the night knowing he is the last one she ever loved. Powerful stuff...for a serial killer! LOL

6:43 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhh good song- I am the Highway-good,good song!

11:05 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

Ooh...good list poody! I haven't listened to some of those songs in a while, thanks for the reminder :)

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars