Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday Report

Well, I have been busy today at the "w" today. The talker is out having tests done for her impending surgical procedure. My weekend was fast and fun filled. I got up early on Saturday morning(6:30) and met up with Nancy at Sam's Club. She is a secret shopper and had to do a visit there before we left. We went to Wimberly which is a little village in the hill country. They have a market day every first Saturday of the month. They have venders from all over the area. There were a lot of antiques and just old junk too. But there were also a lot of old estate jewelry. Lots of brooches which I love so much. I ended up buying only one and was proud of myself for that! I got several plants. Really nice ones; 2 cactus and 1 desert rose,and another some kind of succulent. Hopefully, I won't kill them off too fast! We got there about 8:30am and stayed until just after 11:30 AM.My friend, Nic who lives in Wimberly, came out to see us and went around with us.

From there I came back home and put on my bathing suit and went to Jana's for an afternoon pool party for one of the girl's;Lois' birthday. I got her a shiny ring and a coca-cola cake. She is a cokaholic and I felt it was fitting for her birthday cake to be made out of coke. It was delicious. It is like fudge with nuts and a chocolate cake underneath!She also got a float for the pool that was rainbow colored. It sits up high out of the water and Jana said she wouldn't like it because it sits so high. I told her it wouldn't sit so high for me! LOL!I left there about 4:30pm.

I went out to dinner with my friend Ricky who is in from Fort Worth. We ate with my friend Annie and her new hubby who just bought a house not 1/4 mile from me! We ate at this place up in the north part of town called Amaya's Taco Village and believe me when I say they make the bast tacos in town.They make their own corn tortillas and they are nice and thick and so very yummy! I was so full by the time we got ready to leave I was ready for a nap before bedtime! I was invited to a house warming party later on that night but I was exhausted and was in bed by 9pm! OLD LADY!!

Sunday, I got up and started doing chores like swiffering the floors and attacking the pile of laundry in the laundry room! Dooley helped by chewing some crotches out of some panties that fell out of the basket! He is so thoughtful that way! Less to wash I say! I mainly watched TV all afternoon because it was so hot and humid I couldn't go out in the back yard to mess with anything. I watched the whole Star Wars episodes. Not the new ones but the original ones with Luke and Han Solo! It was great but they had all been changed I guess by Lucas himself. The Empire Strikes Back(my favorite) was missing the part where Luke gets away from the Ice Monster. I thought he slid down something to get away but he just kills the thing and then he is outside! Maybe I remembered wrong! In The Return of the Jedi there are extra charcaters in the Jabba scenes and at the end when Obi-Wan and Yoda are looking over Luke now Annikin from the other stories is there as well.And in the Star Wars one the scenes with Jabba in the hanger and also some extra critters in the bar scene and the town scape too!

Anyways, last night about 9pm we got a really intense thunderstorm. Over 3500 lightening strikes in 1 hour. We lost power for about 10 minutes.Just long enough to find the candles and flashlight and get them all going. The big dogs were freaking out big time.Osa tried to get underneath me and I was sitting down on the couch. Chula just jumped on top of me like a big old lap dog! I swear they are such big babies!

Now, my cousin is calling me from Dallas to say her son, the policeman, is in the intensive care unit throwing up blood. He taught a self defense course over the weekend to some ladies and he was dressed up in the body armour for when they clobber you and I guess he taught them well because she said he was coplaining of abdominal pain right after the course! Do not piss off a Texas woman she will kick your ass! I am hoping he is alright because he is one of the sweetest guys you would ever know!

This post is getting long and my phoe keeps ringing and I keep ignoring it!

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

S'cuse me, I haven't read your post here as yet, I am absolutely sooo tired right now. I am giving you my email addy tho as you requested.

caz_v8@yahoo.com.au

Will return later on to read yor post :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I overdid it too sis!! Between your toes and my feet and legs we are falling apart!

I am glad you had a good weekend too, I am glad you got a break from your talker even if it means work for you!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars