Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Running With Scissors

I went to a screening of this movie last night. It was hilarious! I laughed so hard and I so needed a good laugh. Although there was a dead cat scene! Oh no they didn't!! But otherwise it was well worth the effort of going.I left the 2 big dogs out in the back yard for today. I am always thinking about what to do with them. I have thought long and hard over the whole past events. I have tried to figure out what the change was in the dynamics of the dog vs. cat world. The cat was there before the dogs and she established a long time ago with them who was who. The change is the little dog and the dog door. I feel these 2 things helped to get to the events that transpired on Monday. For one thing the little dog was always fucking with Charlotte like barking at her. She hated that and would throw her back up and screech at him to shut up. He would chase her into a corner and she would then proceed to get away. I feel that Monday this happened and she was unable to get away and went into fight mode which the little dog took as play but she was not in the mood. Somewhere in all this it turned ugly and she lost her life. It's all fun and games till someone loses a kitty! I want to think that is what happened. I do not think Chula acted alone. I feel all the dogs were responsible. For the time being, I will keep the big dogs in the back yard with no house privileges until I am confident they are not becoming aggressive.I also feel that putting her in a kennel with strangers is not the best way to determine if she is agressive or not. It needs to be a place she feels safe in and that is not it. I have also decided to take the big dogs for a walk today after work. I think they need a little mommy time without the little dog. He does get the lion's share of my attention. I do not want any jealousy within the ranks.I have also taken the doggie door away. With me out of the house they try to establish dominance and my bed is apparently the throne. That by the way, was Miss Charlotte's place to be. I love all my animals and like any mother I hate the behavior but love the child. I can only approach this with love and patience.I am over the rage and not hating anymore but still not feeling the love. Hopefully our outing this afternoon will start the healing process. Any other suggestions? One girl at work says if her dog did that she would put him down no questions asked. Obviously she is not the one I will go to for advice!

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey poody! I just now found your new blog..I have a lot of catching up to do!

Sorry to hear about your kitty, that really is tragic. I think you are handling it wonderfully though. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I am sorry to hear about your kitty. It is really hard for me to understand what is going on just by reading about it on your blog. I definately wouldn't consider putting the dog down if it were my dog. I have a lot of confidence in my ability to control dogs.
I am impressed with your idea of hating the behavior not the dog. I try to apply that approach to people too.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I dont know what I would do Poody but I would not put a dog down for this.

I have been wanting a doggie door, maybe I need to rethink that huh?

3:22 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have two cats and a dog. I can't imagine my dog killing my cats, but she thinks they are little dogs, and sometimes when she tries to play with them, I have to calm her down. We crate her so they don't have fights while we are gone.

Dogs are also pack animals, so one can set off the whole bunch. Maybe one was trying to say, "Mommy isn't home so I am in charge!"

I would give them a chance to redeem themselves and maybe one day you will forgive them. If not, maybe you can find a good home with someone who does not have cats.

8:23 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Poody, thanks for stopping by my blog! I so could do with a good laugh. I am sorry to here about you kitty!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sparky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww Poody I just read about your kitty. I'm so sorry.

I don't know what I'd do,but something similar happened to me
only it conerned my 3 year old and my beloved guinea pig.
I felt the sane rage and pain you did:(
I couldn't put the kid down but I wanted too,trust me.
It took me a bit but things are better now and I forgive him totally. It was an isolated incident. Had it not been I would have seeked help for sure though.
You do what you think is best.
Again,I'm so sorry.

PS. That was me who deleted. The kid was signed into his own account,lol

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars