Thursday, October 19, 2006

Benjamin



My good friend Annie is in pain. She has a right to be too. She is a nurse,single mother of 2 boys age 24 and 22. They are the love of her life and they love their momma.
Unfortunately the younger son Benjamin loved to shoot up too. He died last week of a heroin overdose. He was staying with Annie at the time. He had been living on the street but Annie had taken him in and he was doing quite well for the last 2 months. My friend Ricky said he saw him the day before he died at the gym and he looked and sounded good. He was without a doubt a beautiful man.
I got an email from Annie this morning and in it she was talking about the Andromeda Galaxy and how there was this red swirling pattern out there. She contemplated on whether or not Benjamin could be a part of it. She said he liked the color red and wheels and it seems like a place he would love to inhabit.
I have been in touch with her. I sat with her after the funeral. I have called her every day. I even gave her a really pretty bling bling ring which, by the way, she loved. I couldn't think of anything to give her. I mean people bring food but who wants to eat? Or maybe flowers but they just die. So, I thought hey nothing says I'm sorry like a nice new ring! What can I say,it made her smile!
So, for now, that is all I can do is be there for her and try to make her smile every once in a while.

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

How awful to lose a child. My thoughts are with your friend. I think the bling is perfect!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

The best thing to give her is yourself, which you already did. Good for you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

That's very sad. Sorry to hear it.

9:00 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

You're a great friend,Poody.
How tragic it is to lose a child. My heart completely and totally goes out to her and her family.
I can imagine the anguish she is going though righ now.

(((Huggers))))

9:51 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Good grief that is sad. You're a wonderful friend to be by her side through it all though.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

That is so sad. Very nice of you to give her the bling. I think it is a better sentiment than food.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful friend, Poody and I hope you really know that.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars