Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Miss Charlotte 1991-2006



Miss Charlotte is dead.I came home last night and found her dead in my bedroom. The whole room was torn up like a major fight had taken place and she was lying on the floor between the slider and my bed. She was killed by my dogs. I left yesterday morning and closed my bedroom door so the little dog couldn't get in the rest of the house. They could come in out of the cold and stay in the bedroom. But, what I didn't do was get Charlotte out of there. I figure she was worked by the little dog or something and the rest is debatable. Osa won't even look at me. Chula has that sorrowful look and a deep gash under her right eye. I see no marks on Dooley or Osa for that matter but then I didn't examine her too close. I hate them both. I don't think I will ever love them again. I screamed at them last night and told them I hated them and would never love them again. I tried to call Marshall to come and get them but I don't know his number. I am afraid to leave Dooley alone with them. I have seen both of them nip at him when he gets too annoying ,although he seems a little frighened of them. Maybe he senses my feelings for them. She was my baby. All she ever wanted was to sleep on the bed in the sun and not be bothered by dogs which she hated every single day. I was allergic to her and woke up every morning with puffy eyes and snott. This morning was no different. All I want is to quit losing the people in my life I love the most. My life seems to go from one tragedy to another with periods of nothingness in between. I have given up hope of ever being happy again and can only pray for the losses to stop. My friend Jana came over last night and helped be bury her in the back yard. I wrapped her in my silk nightie. She loved sleeping on it really she loved sleeping on anything of mine. I put her in a box and we buried her in the yard all the while the murderers were watching. I gave them water and threw food out there to them but I hold no love in my heart for them. I know I should tend to the gash on Chula's eye but I really don't give a shit about her right now. I have no love in my heart for them. I thought they were the best dogs in the world but they have shown me otherwise. I am going to think bout all this today because right now I am leaning toward taking Chula to the pound. She has shown her temper in flashes before with Charlotte and with the little dog. I have Dooley to think of now. For now, I will leave him in the house alone and they will stay outdors.


Oh Miss Chartlotte my heart is breaking!!! I love you so much. You have been there for me for so long and I am so very sorry I left you in harm's way. It is all my fault for not putting you out of the room. I just never thought you were in any danger. I AM SO SORRY!!!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Poody, I'm so so so sorry. It's awful to lose a pet you loved so much in such an awful way. But please don't hate the other animals. They probably were just reverting to instinct and animal ways (I've been watching the Dog Whisperer a lot, sorry). I hope you're doing ok.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

OMG Poody! I am so so sorry. I have seen this alot in dog rescue, and I wont have a cat with my greyhounds because they were trained to chase fuzzy things. And I dont trust them. I know your heart is breaking, I dont know what to say to make it better. I cried for her to when I read this post. I love ya!

Email me if you need to talk, send me your phone # and I will call you ( I have unlimited minutes)

3:51 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

(((((Poody)))))
I am so sorry that your precious sweet little kitty is no longer with you. My heart really, truly goes out to you.
It's so sad and tragic.
I don't blame you for feeling the way that you do.
I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through this tough time.
My heart just breaks for you.
I love ya, sister.
XXOOXOX

6:59 AM  
Blogger L said...

OH Poody,
I am so sorry lots of hugs and lovin for you.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I read about your kitty on Mel's blog. I am so sorry. My dog loves my cats and gets frisky with them, so I always feel like I need to watch her. The cats have their safe area in the house.

Try not to feel guilty. Just remember that Miss Charlotte had a good life, and loved you very much. She would want you to remember the good times.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars