Friday, October 27, 2006

The dating Game

I went on line a few weeks back to see if I could find my dream man in cyberspace. I have been reticent to get back in the pool so to speak. Anyway, signed up with a website in Australia. I know I know it is a little far away but a girl has to start somewhere! Ok so I got rejected by 3 guys in Aaustralia maybe because I live on the other side of the world you say, ok then I will test the waters here. So I go online on a local website and this guy was talking about being new to Austin and not knowing anyone and that he had lost his daughter. Now what follows is my email to him and then his response.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have no children but it is something I am sure you will never get over. You may one day be able to put it behind you but it will never be far from your thoughts I am sure. I am a single woman never married just 1 yr out of a long term relationship. He was cheating and had to go. I am a professional, own my own home (me and the bank). I have been spending my free time lately remodeling the house and getting it the way I want. I have 3 dogs 2 big ones and 1 small. I live in south austin. I do not smoke tobacco and drink rarely. I love music especially the blues. I am a big fan of live music as well. I go to the Elvis tributes at the Continental Club. I grew up Catholic but am trying to recover from that. Hope to hear from you soon.

hello mary, how are you doing today. I like to say thanks for your e-mail. It was very nice of you. So if you should ever need help around the house with some work maybe I could help in you in some way. I could go into all my problems but I am not. I have been living in Austin for four years and do not know that many people. What happen to my daughter made me not to care. I know what it is like to make good money. You would not believe what some one can loose so fast. It took a long time to get. But something like what happen to my daughter just makes you go crazy. You loose all self esteem, pride and integrity. When I came to autoing from Houston to began a new life and found out it was impossible. I have struggled when I first got here and found myself doing odd jobs at a day labor. Until I landed a warehouse job and manage it for three years. Before I know it the closed down and here out of work. I now go find work and I getting older as each day goes by. I all ways worked and never asked no one for help and I paid taxes all my life and never took unemployment or anything. So now I out of work again and I cannot get any help from the state. I found out through about most people and they want to help but really they do not. I put a ad on craigs list if people needed help around the house. I did get some replay's and from some contractors and I need money and quick because when I lost my job and at the same time blow engine in my car so what makes it worst in not only no transportation but could not pay phone. But any way I figured I would help this contractor with some paint work and I work three days and I figured that this could get me some of the things I need to find not just a job but something that pays and get back on my feet. But I soon found after the third day and he picked me up and on the fourth day I have not seen him and I tried calling but it looks to me that he turned off his phone and he owes me money. I do not know why people do this. I am honest and hard working and I ask for nothing from any one.The state will not help and I have borrow all I can from any friends that I have. I know that they do no mind in helping me but you know their is a stopping point. I know that they know I just had very bad luck lately. I was looking to find a job and pay my cell phone and get a new laptop so I can do some data entry and make some money that way because I had to sell my for bills and know find myself Even worst off then ever and I just here and not able to do anything and I try to do the right thing but It is not happening. But I rather starve to death before standing on corner with sigh. I do not use drugs and I do not drink. I hate to say I do smoke. I just getting more stress out as each day goes by. I think when some one buy a home or a new car or anything they are blessed ant that is great for them.But that is them and they eared it. But I guess the blessing for me is far from coming. If I could only get a break but I do not see it. Now I have lost my glasses and hardly can see. I know this if I ever get the money up I will start a foundation on normal people that has lost the job and do no drugs and drink can go and get help. The state would help if I were sick or a drunk or out of jail I found out. I ask what about the people that just lose their job and run out of money what do they do and no one can answer that simple question. I have to say I sorry to you I so upset and boring you with this I sure you got better things to do. Well like I said if you need help with some of your remodeling maybe I could help you. I really work cheap. So keep in touch and thank you again for you e-mail and once again sorry. I just wanting to here other peoples point of view.

Now I realize that this guy is having a really bad time in life but my point is that of course of all the guys in the world I am going to get this guy. I am sure he is a nice enough guy but I have to ask myself if I really want t put myself out there knowing that this is the kind of guy I attract...even in cyberspace they can find me. Oh and how did he know my name you ask well, seems that every email I send has my signature yeh, my first and last name. Hell, I am too dumb to date!I am going to bed now and if I even mention wanting a date ever again someone please remind me of what is waiting out there just for me!

--------------------oOo--------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

OMG Gal, DO not go out wityh that guy! Sounds like he on a downer that you dont to be exposed to! BUT I say dont give up!! There are more guys out there. I would get another mail account , like hotmail or yahoo so you dont give out your name. Please dont give up because of this loser!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think he is the exception not the rule. I like how he said, " I could go into all my problems but I am not." and then went into all his problems. Too funny.

I feel bad for him if that is true, but the susicious part of me wonders if he is looking for a free ride.

1:13 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Of course he is looking for a free ride. and for the love of God I am not answering him. But you see where I am going with this? I keep trying to get Gary with the green thumb to marry me but for some reason he keeps evading the issue!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hey You and Gary and the perfect couple! and You are both Texans to boot!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Way too much baggage and issues there.
Move along. There has to be someone better.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Pennsylvania Independent said...

Believe it or not, but that is an actual picture of me. You are the millionth person to tell me I look like Adam Duritz LOL. I take it as a compliement, although I am not a huge Counting Crows fan. I like a few of their songs.
I also get told I look like a dreadlocked Eddie Vedder, and former guitarist, Brian "Head" Welch" of Korn.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Pennsylvania Independent said...

I just wanted to add, I forgot to mention this on my last post, but Thank you for coming to visit my blog and come back.
:-)

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Poody, STAY AWAY from this man. What an email to send someone. And of course he lost his glasses to top it all off. Did the dog run away too?

You deserve better!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

ACK! Run awaaaaay,lol
I agree,don't give up!
You've got to pick out the weeds to see the flowers;)

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah sweety...that was completly WACK.

I'm with the others though..keep the faith. :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

OMG that was so funny *not laughing at you* best you leave the wierdo's out there is cyberspace! You will find the right person! Take Care

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars